For those of you who did not think Einstein was a Dwarf

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverdance

Reaction score
If you go one FB and go to Einstein, smallest horse and scroll down, you can see some pictures of him taken in March. I can only imagine what he looks like now, I can not see AMHA ever letting him keep his papers when they are brought permanent.

Perfect Miniature horse? I do not think so.

They are saying that the dam is 30" and the sire is 34" and they have no idea why Einstein is so small.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always thought he was a dwarf, BUT, in this photo, he can also be seen as just a "pet" type quality (poor quality conformation-wise) horse, and DEFINITELY NOT something that should ever be used for breeding, in my opinion. Based soley on this photo, I do not think AMHA would pull papers. I have seen much more obvious dwarfs pictured on papers that were never pulled.
default_no.gif

I'm going to hold my judgement until I see more current photos. In all of his past photos you can see his roached back and his faults. However, for as much attention as he gets I do wish they would change his status (from stallion to gelding) and his attitude.

He is around children all of the time. He acts like an ill-mannered child and the last I knew he was still in tact. Not something I would near children; a stallion who has no manners. Any who.

I also wish they would post his actual current height. He looks to be well past 26'' and much taller than my smallest two. I'm hoping that they'll post his height. He turns three this year and I'm sure they'll try to get him into the Guinness World Book of Records this next April when he turns three. Then, we'll know.

That's all I will say about him.

EDIT: We have all discussed his pedigree before. You can find my stance by looking bad through all of those threads. There are reason why I am not surprised why his dam produce him. Look at her pedigree.

Breeding can throw you some doozies. I have spent countless amount of hours looking up siblings of my mare who is VERY dwarfy looking (even at over 33'' tall) and has thrown a Type 3 dwarf foal (along with four non-dwarves who resembled their sire and were halfway decent looking) and I have not yet found any relatives that resemble her. Dwarfism likes to hide itself and sometimes even throw some surprises in there too; and when it does it likes to make them big.

I agree with Mona. One thing I would like to mention is that the photo posted has a copyright stamp on it so I would delete the photo and just post a link to it unless you have permission from the person who owns the photo.

I agree with Mona. One thing I would like to mention is that the photo posted has a copyright stamp on it so I would delete the photo and just post a link to it unless you have permission from the person who owns the photo.
Agreed. I also think its against the rules to post horses that aren't yours; even if you're interested in buying them.

Btw, I think some horses just look bad in pictures. My horses do. They also look bad at certain angles. The conformational faults don't help, lol. But hey, I love them.
default_wub.png

In one of the other discussions

One thing I would like to mention is that the photo posted has a copyright stamp on it so I would delete the photo and just post a link to it unless you have permission from the person who owns the photo.
I removed the picture, but you can see many on his FB web site. I also agree that he is not that small as the man has picked him up and he looks pretty big. I have a foal right now who is only 19+ inches tall and about 35 lbs at 5 months. His dame is 33.5" tall and his sire is 31.75" tall. He is just a pip-squeak, and he is a lot smaller then the picture of the guy holding Einstein.

I am going to take pictures of my boy with a 20 year old holding him. I will post them later. May be I should start advertising him as the smallest stallion. LOL

I went to post a link to a video of him and it embedded the video and I don't know if that's allowed so I removed it. If you do a search of Einstein playing with a ball, it will lead you to a YouTube video of him from last year. He's a cutie pie for sure and doesn't look like a dwarf to me but although he's small, he's definitely grown and I think if I posed my tiny mare by her big EquiSpirit ball, she'd look about the same size.

I decided to
default_shutup.gif
keep my opinion to myself.

Why don't they show current photos ? It seems obvious there is something wrong with him or they would be promoting more ... just IMO
default_whistling.gif
Exactly. They haven't posted too many photos for the past year and the ones they have have been at obscure angles. They mostly just continue to photoshop pictures of his when he was younger into new backgrounds.

They also tend to photoshop his conformational faults out of pictures as well.

In one of the other discussions

I removed the picture, but you can see many on his FB web site. I also agree that he is not that small as the man has picked him up and he looks pretty big. I have a foal right now who is only 19+ inches tall and about 35 lbs at 5 months. His dame is 33.5" tall and his sire is 31.75" tall. He is just a pip-squeak, and he is a lot smaller then the picture of the guy holding Einstein.

I am going to take pictures of my boy with a 20 year old holding him. I will post them later. May be I should start advertising him as the smallest stallion. LOL
WOW I must have THE WORLDS SMALLEST STALLION (not), I am a 5'5 155 lb woman and I can (did it yesterday) pick up and carry my 2 1/2month old stud colt. ROFLOL
default_488.gif
. He is my profile picture.

Does it really matter if he is or isn't ?? Most of us know. I guess it is slightly offensive that they tried to get famous with him, and hiding his "imperfections".

I remember when Einstein was born and reading about him and seeing the videos. I am getting my 2 fillies on Saturday and one Josie is a dwarf. She defiantly is much smaller than Misty but you can easily see that she is dwarf and looks different. But to someone not knowing horses (minis to be exact) she looks to be just a small horse. As a matter of fact when I went to see Misty at 10 days old my grown daughter saw Josie and said "Oh Mom lets get that one look how small and cute she is!" I think Einstein is cute and his size appeals to those looking for the smallest horse, something unusual!! I would like to see a current picture of him.

Does it really matter if he is or isn't ?? Most of us know. I guess it is slightly offensive that they tried to get famous with him, and hiding his "imperfections".
He's held out as a representative our our breed. Does it matter? It does to me!

... and a clear majority of miniature horse people here do think he's a dwarf, and cared enough to register an opinion:

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=123063

einstein.JPG

WOW I must have THE WORLDS SMALLEST STALLION (not), I am a 5'5 155 lb woman and I can (did it yesterday) pick up and carry my 2 1/2month old stud colt. ROFLOL
default_488.gif
. He is my profile picture.
Just Rena I got you beat, my 5 month old colt I can pick up easily and I am 61 and 5.5, won't mention my weight
default_yes.gif
.LOL

I should make our little colt Pete famous... he is 7 months old, very small and refined. And I guarantee he will be smaller than Einstein. Oh wait - Pete is not going to remain a mighty stallion - so much for fame and fortune!!
default_wacko.png
default_laugh.png

My issue with Einstein is that they continue to market him as "Smallest Stallion." As long as he remains a stallion, they are insinuating that he is a breeding horse. Whether or not he is a dwarf, he is very clearly not breeding quality, and while we can go back and forth about personal preferences in type all day, I dare anyone to say they think a disproportionately large, raw head and a roached back are a fair trade for small size and a good disposition (the latter of which is true of almost all the minis I've encountered). The filly that I announced as a dwarf this summer has an adorable face and no roached back, and I guarantee she's going to mature smaller than Einstein - does that mean I should start doing TV with her and promoting her as Smallest Mare? I have absolutely no problem with them promoting him as a beloved pet, but if that's all he is then why not geld him already?

I am not convinced he is a dwarf. He does, however, have a congenital deformity (I am pretty sure it is scoliosis) that has necessitated his having steel rods put in all down his spine- the claimed the mare lay on him but we all know, I think, just how likely that is- possible? yes. Likely? no. Anyway, he now moves like a crab, hobbling along sideways. They still give him no access to other horses- well, that would break their "unique" bond with him wouldn't it? People, we are dealing with un-horsy people who have not a clue what they are doing and have way, way too much money and time on their hands, If he is a dwarf, and they breed him, his foals will either be normal height or dwarfs, so it seems pretty much self limiting. It is galling that they are promoting him as a perfect little horse but who is listening? The AMHA is not promoting him, neither are any of the other registries, and if the claim on their website galls that much then send them a legal challenge- prove it or take it down, as he is larger than the horse in the Guinness records book, which is the accepted "expert" in this case.

The roach back is part of the scoliosis btw and the one thing I really would take issue with the owners over is the pain and suffering they put the animals through to have this op done- it is extremely painful and doctors will think hard and long before putting a child through it, why would you do it to an animal? The recovery time is long too, and also painful, I think we all know how hard it is to make these decisions but most of us put the animals feelings first, not our own.

I found a share button on his YouTube video so it can't be copyrighted. Here he is last year.

[/media]
I didn't know about the rods in his back. I think he is adorable and I have no trouble with anyone writing books for children and taking a tiny little horse out and about. Do we know he is going to be bred? Maybe he has to stay intact for a medical reason? (Sorry if that's a dumb question.)

Today these people posted Einstein in bed with them. They are so poorly portraying what a Miniature horse is and how to take care of one. More and more people will want to buy these tiny little cutes, thinking that they can keep them as house pets. Remember the Pot Belly Pigs? It will just encourage people to breed them so they can sell them for big bucks.

Most of the newer pictures are of him sitting or laying down. Does anyone have a horse that lays down or sits down most of the time? When they do that, they are in pain. It bothers me to see a horse exploited so much that they do not seem to have regard for the pain this boy must be going through.

The video above is when he was much younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back