Foaling season has started for us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlh

Reaction score
MVC-835S.JPG_fl.jpg
We try to keep foaling confined to a limited time each year, and last year we turned the girls in with their designated boys the first of April, the plan being to only breed the months of April and May. (There always seems to be some variation on the plan each year, but that's what we try for.

Last year, we had several maiden mares, and two mares who had had babies before.

Remember how I mentioned that we had foals at all times of the day or night? Thursady night, after watching Leah bag up and go down for about three weeks, somone announced that nothing would happen any time soon. Well, David woke up shortly before 3 am, glanced out the window, and goes, "ummm there's something small and fuzzy out there."

First to foal this year, Friday morning, 2 am, full moon, in the foaling shed, was Princess Leah, a bay with appy characteristics (bred to a silver pintoloosa). Minime is Princess Cocoa, just under 20" tall.

[SIZE=18pt]Congratulations! [/SIZE]:aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations on a cute little baby! :aktion033:

Jodi

She is ADORABLE, Johnice!!

Susan O.

congratulations, she is so cute!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! :aktion033:

Congrats what a sweetie pie!! Glad all went well. Did she foal outside? I am just itching for my foal to come Im goign to explode yours are all so precious Love them ALL
default_wub.png
:

We have a foaling shed, in a pen outside our bedroom.

It's closed on the north and west sides, and has panels on the east and half the south side, with a round hay bale in the middle. we put our preggy girls up in the pen about a month ago, and have two lights on 24-7. even tho th girls take turns eating and sleeping inside and out in the deep leaves under out oak trees, Leah came into the shed to foal on the hay floor. all by herself.

thanks for the kind words from everyone!

LOL, thats when they foal, when u are pretty sure they ARE NOT going to foal. Congrats of that pretty outcome. Jen

Congratulations! That's a wonderful surprise ... and a filly to boot! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back