Foal colour

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conundrum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could you colour people give me an idea about this colt please. He is a red and white pinto with two blue eyes. BUT...under his red, his skin is black, and it looks as though there is already a bit of colour change happening. his mother is a seal brown I think, she certainly has the golden tan around her muzzle and eyes., but looks black otherwise, and dad is a silver dapple minimal pinto with two blue eyes. I love this colt and am going to keep him, but would like to have an idea of what colour to register him??

Johnnystand.jpg

I appreciate the help,

Jane Parker

Conundrum Miniature Horses and Border and Cairn Terriers.

Leicestershire, UK.

www.conundrum.biz

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: I am afraid I can't help you either with the color but whatever the color is HE IS GORGEOUS!!! and if he were mine I would be keeping him tooooooooooooo.

It is hard to tell from that one picture, but it is possible he is actually a silver bay with his parents' colors. Does he have a smokey color to his mane and/or tail? However, he could also be a sorrel/chestnut since they also have the darker skin like that. He is shedding his first baby fuzz and it would be normal for it to look darker now.

Jane I think you will find he is a Silver Bay- you are an 'orrible woman- I have been trying to breed a Silver Bay for three years (and perhaps I should have told you he is just a Red and White??
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: )

crponies, Yes he does have a sort of smokey colour to his mane. Although he is shedding out his first coat, it is actually his skin that looks a black colour........, Silver Bay is just fine by me, I adore him anyway, his name is "Conundrum Topics Go Johnny Go"...aka...Johnny.

Jane....although I have had minis for quite a few years now, the colours of these creatures just faze me......give me dog breeds every time for an easy life!!

Johnnytrot.jpg

Yep
default_yes.gif
: I agree with Jane. That little guy is a gorgeous Silver Bay Pinto!

You can tell by the smokey/silvery coloring of his mane....in the colored areas where it should be black.

CONGRATULATIONS! :aktion033: He is a VERY nice colt!

LOL I just realized there are 2 Janes and a Jayne in this thread. Maybe I am tired but I find that highly amusing.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

What a handsome lad he is!
default_wub.png
: I was guessing silver bay pinto, just by looking at the cute black tips to his ears. :bgrin

MA

Latest posts

Back