Fly Boots (for Minis)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
Has anyone used fly boots for Minis, and is Kensington the only kind available for Minis? Do they fit well, stay on?

I have a mare who gets dermititis on her legs every spring/summer and I think it starts from little fly bites. I'm thinking if I can cover her legs to prevent the bites is might help. This will be the third year treating her legs, and it's really making me crazy! I clip and wash and slather, ugh! I tried to fly spray, but I'm not consistent with spraying so I think the boots would be easier.

Thanks!

I have used them on my gray pinto gelding.The flies pick his legs until they bleed.Since the flies are really bad early this year I have started spraying him with WIPE daily before he is turned out.So far so good.I have used WIPE before and put it on with a sock .It is very oily and stays on well.The fly boots I used came from either State Line Tack or Dover Saddlery.They stayed on but slipped down a bit.I got the purple plaid ones.

They stay on well, but over time do crumple down a little. Better than nothing though!

Thank-you! My mare is pinto with white legs also, and those red bite marks get bacterial, ugh! I will remember the WIPE also, that's good to know!

Latest posts

Back