Flu

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
I came down with the flu Sat morning.I had a headache like I have never had before. My temperature got up to 104 and my daughter dragged me off to emergency room. Had lots of I.V's and gave me morphine. I asked the dr for a note so I could go back to work Monday he laughed at me and said you won't be going anywhere for a week!

I figured he was being funny. Well it's Tuesday and I can barely drag myself out of bed....this is unbelievable! I always considered myself a tough old yankee, well the H1N1 is bad people. Don't mess around with it. He told me this is going to knock you on your butt lady. Darn I hate it when their right.

It sure did!

I hope you all have a healthy holiday and avoid this crap!

Bonnie

As you know Bonnie, A few weeks back I was sick.

I had the Flu .... then came down with Sinusitis ontop of that. Then, the Stomach Flu (nothing really related to the flu, something I picked up at work) just a week after that. November was a long month...

Awww Bon...........Don't mess with it. Let yourself go or you'll just prolong the agony..........

Merry Aching Christmas.......

Hi Bonnie! I sure hope you are feeling better. I am so glad that you went to the doctor to get checked. On Saturday, Dec. 12, I woke up at 6 am with stomach cramps which progressed into what I thought was the stomach flu - stomach pain, vomiting, diarhea, sweats, etc. Well, as the day progressed, I was getting worse and worse and developed a severe pain in the upper abdomen and hurt all over. My Landlord took me to the Emergency Room where I was told the last thing I would ever think of - I was having a HEART ATTACK!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Long story short, I was treated with all sorts of IV's and pills and I had a clot in the lower right of my heart which they were able to break up and I spent 3 days at Deborah Heart and Lung Center. I am ok and go back for my follow up appt tomorrow. I am on three weeks of rest. But please, everyone, especially women, with the H1N1 going around I know it is easy to think that your symptoms are the flu, but it may not be. Please go get checked. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!!

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

Oh Bon,

I am SO sorry you are sick!! I'm fairly certain I know what kind of patient you would be
default_impatient.jpg
default_impatient.jpg
default_gaah.gif
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
:arg! However, please take care of yourself. That stuff is nothing to mess with. I wish I was closer, well, actually, I wish YOU were closer, I'd come take care of you!! Try to sleep. That's what I do when I'm sick. I'd say Merry Christmas, but You probably don't feel like hearing that.

Love ya,
default_wub.png
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_hypocrite.gif
default_worshippy.gif

Hi Bonnie! I sure hope you are feeling better. I am so glad that you went to the doctor to get checked. On Saturday, Dec. 12, I woke up at 6 am with stomach cramps which progressed into what I thought was the stomach flu - stomach pain, vomiting, diarhea, sweats, etc. Well, as the day progressed, I was getting worse and worse and developed a severe pain in the upper abdomen and hurt all over. My Landlord took me to the Emergency Room where I was told the last thing I would ever think of - I was having a HEART ATTACK!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Long story short, I was treated with all sorts of IV's and pills and I had a clot in the lower right of my heart which they were able to break up and I spent 3 days at Deborah Heart and Lung Center. I am ok and go back for my follow up appt tomorrow. I am on three weeks of rest. But please, everyone, especially women, with the H1N1 going around I know it is easy to think that your symptoms are the flu, but it may not be. Please go get checked. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!!
Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures
I had no idea a heart attack could manifest it's self in that manor. But then, My Dad only got a bit dizzy and that was his heart attack.

Yes, Katiean, I was so suprised when the doctor said Heart Attack. I never imagined one would feel like that with those kinds of symptoms. Bonnie, I didn't mean to hi-jack your post or anything like that, I truly hope you feel better soon and please be sure to get your rest. I just wanted to pass on my experience so that if it helps someone else who would think their symptoms are from the flu when it could be something totally different. That is why I was so happy to read that you went and saw a doctor. ((((HUGS))))

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

Bonnie,

Listen to your dr!! I just got over the flu and it took me 10 days to feel back to normal. The only thing I did was morning chores and my kids did night!! Those morning chores was feeding one pen of horses and the throwing corn out for the chickens!! That was all I could do. I was told to take it easy and not overdue or I would end up in the hospital!!!! So take it easy!!

Good Luck!!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Heidi

Good morning.

Wow Linda, thank you for posting your story, you may have saved peoples lives by posting your story!!!!!

I am feeling much much better but with just a little exertion I start to sweat,so have had to cut back on my plans a little.

Stay well everyone and heed Lindas advice as well.

Hugs

Bonnie

I came down with the flu Sat morning.I had a headache like I have never had before. My temperature got up to 104 and my daughter dragged me off to emergency room. Had lots of I.V's and gave me morphine. I asked the dr for a note so I could go back to work Monday he laughed at me and said you won't be going anywhere for a week!I figured he was being funny. Well it's Tuesday and I can barely drag myself out of bed....this is unbelievable! I always considered myself a tough old yankee, well the H1N1 is bad people. Don't mess around with it. He told me this is going to knock you on your butt lady. Darn I hate it when their right.

It sure did!

I hope you all have a healthy holiday and avoid this crap!

Bonnie
I know how you must be feeling, I had the high temp, and all the rest of the nasty symptoms for the flu, emergency Dr. put me on an inhaler or puffer now, trying to get rid of the tightness in my chest.

Going back to the Dr.'s after the new year. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry you got hit with that, it sounds horrible
default_no.gif
I'm glad you are feeling better. And yes, the heart attack story in unreal! I'm glad everyone is getting better. Merry Christmas to you all!
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back