Florida getting washed away!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conders

Reaction score
I guess no one else is going to whine about our weather in Florida, so I will. We have had tropical storm Faye on us for 35 hours, now the weather people are saying she is going into the Atlantic, spinning, turning into a real hurricane and coming right at US! My broodmares have been trapped in stalls already 2 days, the storm isn't hitting here on its way back across the state until Thurs. or Friday.......I know Florida has good winter weather, but geez..enough of one storm is enough! Wish all of us mini people luck..Picture Perfect, Winning Streak, Candyland, Lightning Ridge, Pepperidge, Silver Meadows,Show Time, Haircaine, everyone hang on to your hats! Conder Minis
default_poke.gif

I have been worried about you guys! I am so glad you posted! All of you in florida please take care! keep us posted as best you can. I had geard the wind wasn't real bad but the flooding was! It sounds like it's not going away soon! You have been in my thought for days and will continue to be untill this is finaly over.

I'm farther south below Fort Pierce. We've been getting pounded by rain all day. The wind is blowing but not really anything to speak of right now. We did have a tornado in town early this morning and one hit Palm Beach Equine in Wellington (no horses or humans were hurt even though one mare's stall all four walls lifted up around her and left her untouched) and tore it up bad. We've got 9 inches of rain so far and it's not done. Roads are closes, schools are closed, my horses are wet in their stalls. It's hit Florida twice now and will be a third once it leaves and comes back yet again. Tomorrow will be day 3 that my horses were in their stalls. One horse I adopted is getting his first taste of Tropical Storms and I don't think he's impressed. It's barely moving right now. This storm is only one of two that has ever gained power after making landfall and will be known for hitting Florida in the Keys, leaving, coming back, leaving, and hitting again. It's suposed to strengthen so just because the wind wasn't that bad here doesn't mean it won't be so northen Florida be prepared.

Amanda

Stay safe everyone. We were really lucky here in Parrish yesterday - gusty wind, but little to no rain. I say Faye go away and stay away. For those of you in the northern part of the state, get ready.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back