First foal of the season - angel colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligans Run

Reaction score
We just had our first foaling of the year and it was a colt. He seems to have died before he was born as his gums were white and his eyes slightly cloudy. The cord was extremely twisted. When I picked it up the placenta spun like crazy - that's how twisted it was.

He was also malpositioned - head down- chin tucked and legs back, but he delivered anyway. He was fully haired - due in just a week or two.....

Please send prayers for my mare Puff...this is her second loss. And the first foaling loss for our farm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Heather i'm sooooo sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and thoughts for your mare Puff and I wish you all the best for the remainder of the foaling season.

HUGS

Nicole

Hey Heather I am very very sorry to hear this about your mare losing her foal. I know how it feels when you lose a foal. Last year we experienced way too much of this. It just feels awful. It never gets any easier to get over losing a foal or horse no matter how many you have lost. I feel really bad for you and your mare. I will keep yall in my prayers. Talk to you soon. Aubrey

My prayers go out to you all and "Puff" too. I was looking to catch the moment when after work.
pray.gif

So sorry for your loss - not a nice way to start the season. Praying for better luck with the rest.

Heather, I am so sorry to hear the foaling season is starting off this way.
no.gif

You and Puff are in my prayers.

So sorry about your loss. Hope Puff is ok too. Good thoughts for you all a better tomorrow.

I'm so sorry for you and Puff. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Been there, done that, and it's no fun. I'm sorry

(((((HUGS)))))) to you both.

So sorry for your loss......... Isnt she the mare u had on the webcam, I had been watchiing her recently. Sure hope the rest arrive perfect for us all this year.

Heather, I'm SO sorry!
crybaby.gif

That's so sad and heartbreaking for you and Puff. {{{Hugs}}}

Prayers

So sorry for you and your mare Heather. Hopefully it's a bad start that will be your only loss and all the rest of foaling/breeding will be smooth and problem free!

Heather, so sorry you lost your little one. Hopefully the rest of the deliveries will be perfectly healthy foals.

Stephanie

Heather I am so sorry you and Puff had to go through this. It is always worse when it is not the first foal the mare has lost...maybe next time will be different??

{{{HUGS}}} for you and the poor little mare.

I am so very sorry....
no.gif

Please give Puff a big hug from me too.. (((((((((((((((Puff))))))))))))))

Nancy

Latest posts

Back