Fine Harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowoodstables

Reaction score
This is a mare that showed at Louisville in the Wolrd Grand Championship Fine Harness Horse class. She was reserve champ, and listen to the crowd tell the judges different. This mare came out of nowhere, is a broodmare and is the true version of a Fine Harness Horse Park Trot..enjoy this very fine example of an American Saddlebred!

FYI Louisville is a tough crowd, they gave her a standing ovation ...what a sight

Meet Davinci Code

Kim

default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_drool5.gif
:drool
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif
default_worshippy.gif
:worship
default_worshippy.gif

Nigel,

I have been to L'ville many many times and have had only a couple horses make the hair stand up on my arms like this mare. She came from nowhere, has a 2 yr old colt and is trained by a gentleman from the Arabian world. She caused a HUGE buzz in winning her mare class (beating the odds on favorite) and really should have won this class. When the crowd jumps to their feet and roars like that, well you know your ribbon should have been blue LOL. She is probably the wickedest nice harness horse I have seen in many years..just wow..glad you liked her LOL

it's hard not to love something that gorgeous!...and I totally agree..she was going SO much better than the champion, IMO, but then again I'm no expert at fine harness, but yea the crowd said it all for sure
default_smile.png

Natural talent like that is one in a million--how wonderful that her owner saw it and gave her her chance.

I have attended the world championship show a few times and man is it breathtaking to watch. A horse like this mare is rare to come by. You said it right she is a fine example.. She was much nicer than the horse that took the grand...

Don't they use extreme measures to get the horse to lift their legs like that?

Is there a video that shows the class champion too? I didn't see any other horses go in the two you posted. She's definitely classy although fine harness is not, and never will be, my thing.

Leia

Don't they use extreme measures to get the horse to lift their legs like that?
I will not get into this too much, but any horse that with NATURAL TALENT AND ABILITY does not need any extreme measures. Please people open your eyes to her ability, that shoulder roll is not man made. I do not know this man, so I cannot vouch for his techniques, but without her conformation and god given talent, any extreme measure to get that type of motion will appear three legged and laboured. Here is a picture of my roadster hackney. He wears a 6oz keg shoe, with a natural angle and short foot (his bell boots touch the ground when on). I have never ever used anything extreme except a pair of leather bracelets to keep him open motioned. He is barefoot behind.

027-025-09SYR.jpg

Leia..there is one posted of FB of the winner going for his ribbon..a very nice horse but not as brilliant and explosive as the mare. I'll see if I can figure out how to post it.

Kim

Nigel,She came from nowhere, has a 2 yr old colt and is trained by a gentleman from the Arabian world. She caused a HUGE buzz in winning her mare class (beating the odds on favorite) and really should have won this class. When the crowd jumps to their feet and roars like that, well you know your ribbon should have been blue LOL. She is probably the wickedest nice harness horse I have seen in many years..just wow..glad you liked her LOL
That is one of our finest Arab performance trainers in the business. His name is Jimmy Stachowski. Jimmy and his brother Peter own Stachowski Farms in Mantua, Ohio. They have won more National Championships then most can count. That mare is incredible! And YES! She should have won the class.

I will not get into this too much, but any horse that with NATURAL TALENT AND ABILITY does not need any extreme measures. Please people open your eyes to her ability, that shoulder roll is not man made. I do not know this man, so I cannot vouch for his techniques, but without her conformation and god given talent, any extreme measure to get that type of motion will appear three legged and laboured.
I'm not going to get into either...but you are right. That is one extremely gifted mare. There are always those that are going to pick apart the great ones. When you have won as much as this man and have the eye he has for picking out such amazing horses, maybe I will listen.
default_rolleyes.gif
Again, one of the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some horses are BRED to move like that naturally... particularly the Saddlebreds and Hackneys. I have a Shetland pony that moves fairly high naturally.

QuakeJuly09sma.jpg

Above is my colt (he's two years old... I figure IF I ever even do anything remotely "artificial" such as weights, chains, stretchies, anything, it will be after he's three, so he's au naturale so far). Just prancing in hand. Nothing but a 3 oz. keg shoe on, barefoot in back, and you can see he's trimmed up with a fairly short foot at a natural angle, too.

Andrea

Vertical Limit said:
There are always those that are going to pick apart the great ones. When you have won as much as this man and have the eye he has for picking out such amazing horses, maybe I will listen.
default_rolleyes.gif
Nobody here picked anyone apart, Carol.
default_laugh.png
Maplegum (who is not from the U.S.) asked a legitimate general question, and I posted to ask about the Champion and said the mare was very talented although fine harness wasn't my thing. If I said I preferred beer to bourbon, am I dissing bourbon?
default_wink.png
She's very nice and the video is great!

Leia

Vertical Limit said:
There are always those that are going to pick apart the great ones. When you have won as much as this man and have the eye he has for picking out such amazing horses, maybe I will listen.
default_rolleyes.gif
Nobody here picked anyone apart, Carol.
default_laugh.png
Maplegum (who is not from the U.S.) asked a legitimate general question, and I posted to ask about the Champion and said the mare was very talented although fine harness wasn't my thing. If I said I preferred beer to bourbon, am I dissing bourbon?
default_wink.png
She's very nice and the video is great!

Leia
Leia, I don't see your name, Maplegums, anyone else's in my above quote. I think Kim gave Maplegum a perfectly good response. No need for you to feel like this was all about you or her because it wasn't. Just a generalized statement as people have a tendency to dissect a winnner and had nothing to do with anyone posting on this thread.
default_wink.png
You are welcome to think whatever you like.......beer or bourbon.

I happen to hate both!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back