Finally! Decent pictures of my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmiraclesfarm

Reaction score
We bought this mare a few months ago and I've just now been able to get some half way decent pictures of her. Everything I have she is all scrunched up.

While my boyfriend and I don't show or breed. We have thought about breeding her. The foal we would keep either way and would be a future driving horse for us. But being very new to minis I would love to get some feedback from all of you experienced mini owners on what you think of her. Her Sire is: Boone's Little Apache and her Dam is: JPF Georgia Girl.

Picture154.jpg

Picture155.jpg

This one is just for fun:

Picture158.jpg

If you can't tell, I'm just head over heels in love with this girl.
default_wub.png
:

No expert opinion here, but I think she's a sweetheart.
default_wub.png
:
Oh she is extremly well loved. She was a very unexpected buy. A friend through a friend through another friend had her and was going through a divorce. Sold her companion, but not her. She was with 2 large horses, one who would chase her. She was unapprochable. But we thought she was a good looking little mare, and for the price, we couldn't beat it to have another driving horse. But now that I've been able to be with her and work with her, we connect on a spiritual level I think. She's happy now and she loves to work and please me.

I will be interested to see what she is hiding under all that hair. She looks well loved!
Me too! I can't wait, her papers have a picture of her shaved, but its an awful picture. She's not at all stretched out and showing herself. She's looking at the camera and had a baby at her side.

she looks like she had a nice tail set and nice body type. I like her neck as well. She looks a little rump high and her eyes aren't as BIg as i like
default_smile.png
but she is a nice little mare. No really bad faults
default_smile.png
:) The rump high could be normal if shes under 3 years old
default_smile.png
Cant wait to see the hair all off
default_smile.png
default_wub.png
:

She has a beautiful head! I look forward to seeing her clipped off!!!

Did you train her to rear? Or was she just showing off on her own?

she looks like she had a nice tail set and nice body type. I like her neck as well. She looks a little rump high and her eyes aren't as BIg as i like
default_smile.png
but she is a nice little mare. No really bad faults
default_smile.png
:) The rump high could be normal if shes under 3 years old
default_smile.png
Cant wait to see the hair all off
default_smile.png
default_wub.png
:
Its good to know we made a wise choice in purchaseing her then. If I was ever to try showing minis, this would be my girl. I think she might be a bit high in the rump, but I also think the pictures might make it alittle higher becuase of the ground. There really isn't a perfect level area. I wish this weather would just get a bit warmer and stay that way, I'm extremly anxious to shave her.

She has a beautiful head! I look forward to seeing her clipped off!!!

Did you train her to rear? Or was she just showing off on her own?
Jill, yes I did train her to rear. She naturally always wanted to rear, when she felt threatened, so I just tought her how to do it when I asked. Now I'm teaching her that she's only going to get rewarded when I ask for it, not when she feels like doing it. This girl is extremly smart. When we first brought her home a few months ago, she was unapprochable, had a halter on 24/7 becuase you couldn't catch her. Didn't like to be touched or pet. But I've been working with her and have tought her to put her own halter on and to accept people touching her. She's still very antzy though, can't get near her feet, and can't cross tie her, but she's progressing.
default_yes.gif
:

That is neat! I have always wanted to be able to get pictures of some of my horses rearing, but none of them are trained to do it and really only see it happen when I do not have a camera handy! I'm sure with the love and attention you are giving her, she will come around on the other things soon!

Latest posts

Back