Fiddlestix Pony Farm-2010 Congress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Good Day All,

Well we are home from one of the best Congress’s I’ve attended in the ten years we have been going. I want to take this time to thank the BOD, the Facility, and the exhibitors that traveled to the 2010 ASPC/ASPR Shetland Congress. We missed those of you that didn’t come to participate and those that wanted to come but couldn’t for reasons only be knownst to them.

What a wonderful show it was…and the theme “Failure was not an option” certainly was in the air the entire running of the show. Despite the heat wave that was and still is going on for most of the Midwest and southern states, that didn’t stop the hot, fiercest competition going on inside of that air conditioned arena. It certainly was appreciated. The horses, just like us humans looked forward to being inside where it was cooler and I do believed they performed much better. You could tell they knew when we were walking over that they got a bit more of a spring to their step!

Congrats to ALL of this years winners. The classes were huge, as many as 30 in some. The number of ponies may have been down just a little over last year but the number of entries in classes was way up and the quality of the animals this year was awesome. This year we showed in over 30 classes with 8 horses. Here are our 2010 Congress placings and I couldn’t be more proud of our show string this year:

Classic Futurity Yearling Gelding with Fiddlestix Gamblin Man (Eli)…8th

Classic Futurity 2 Yr Old Gelding with Fiddlestix The Gambler (Peyton)…7th

Foundation Futurity Yearling Mare with Fiddlestix Devine Design (DD)…1st

Foundation Futurity 2 Yr Old Mare with Fiddlestix Silver Serenade (Sera)..2nd

Classic Mare Jackpot with Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette (Sydnie)…7th

Foundation Mare Jackpot with Fiddlestix Devine Design (DD)…3rd

ASPR Open Country Pleasure Driving with Big & Rich (Tank)…2nd

(Note: Brand new ASPR pony, only had him for about six weeks and boy was it fun!)

Classic Youth Mare 13-17 handled by Richard Silva with Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette…8th

Classic Youth Gelding 13-17 handled by Richard Silva with Fiddlesix The Gambler…9th

Classic Youth Gelding 12 & Under handled by Samatha Slagle with Fiddlestix Gamblin Man…6th

Classic Youth Gelding 12 & Under handled by Emily Whatley with Fiddlestix the Gambler…8th

ASPR Amateur Country Pleasure Driving with Big & Rich….3rd

Classic Open Country Pleasure Driving with Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette…6th

Classic Aged Mare 5 yrs old & Older with Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette…2nd

Classic Mare Own/Shown by Amateur with Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette…4th

Classic Mare Own/Shown by Exhibitor with Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette…4th

Foundation Mare 2 Yr Old with Fiddlestix Silver Serenade…1st

Foundation Mare Yearling with Fiddlestix Devine Design….1st

Foundation Jr Champion with Fiddlestix Silver Serenade…2nd

Foundation Own/Bred By Exhibitor with Fiddlestix Silver Serenade…1st

Foundation Own/Bred by Exhibitor with Fiddlestix Devine Design…2nd

Foundation Mare Own/Shown by Amateur with Fiddlestix Devine Design…7th

Classic Gelding 2 Yr Old with Fiddlestix The Gambler…3rd

Classic Gelding Yearling with Fiddlestix The Gamblin Man…2nd

Classic Gelding Own/Bred by Exhibitor with Fiddlestix The Gambler…2nd

Classic Solid Color with Fiddlestix The Gambler…8th

Classic Produce of Dam 1st Set of ponies….4th

Classic Produce of Dam 2nd Set of ponies…5th

Get of Sire…2nd

Herd of Six…2nd

Classic Carriage Driving with Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette….1st…I have been trying for over four years to win this class and was shocked when my name was called out. I was the one wearing the Black and White outfit with the matching hat in the sapphire blue pony gig carriage. My mare, Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette just shines in that carriage with her color. We had seven entries in that class and four of them were from Area V alone. Again a very fun class to drive in!

And the icing on the cake for me was going Reserve Grand Champion in the ASPR Country Pleasure Driving Stakes with Big & Rich my new American Show Pony. He made me very proud for our first showing being a team. I call him my little red sports car and the description fits too.

Karen

Latest posts

Back