Fencing Issue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN Belle

Reaction score
Okay, we built our pasture fence last year with the mesh fencing and our posts on the outside, so the inside of the pasture is smooth with nothing to rub on. We have one board at the top so big horses can't lean on and ruin the mesh.

Hubby has now decided he wants it to look pretty on the street side and wants to put three rails on the outside of the fence which seemed okay at the time. Now that I look at it, I am unsure of this as it will leave a gap between fencing 4 inches wide (wood posts). I am concerened with the top rail, as with the mini's they can't reach, but any big horses could possibly get their face stuck in that gap. So w/o pulling it all off, what would you reccomend to cover the gap nicely. He hasn't gotten too far, I want him to stop and maybe just put the rails on the inside too, who cares what others think as long as it safe!!

twixfence.jpg

Yep, he's a chunk, retired life suits him, now that he is home with pasture, he has really slimmed down (pic is from DEC).

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was me I'd put little Christmas wreaths in the gaps or pictures of Santa
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

You could probably cut 4 inch piecs and toe nail them in to the other boards but that would be such a big pain and a bunch of extra work.

Actually I'd leave it alone. It looks pretty the way it is.
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back