Farrier Visit... :(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=8pt]WELL...WE THOUGHT ABBIE WAS READY FOR THE FARRIER...LOL :aktion033: :lol: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]SHE JUST WANTED TO PLAY....IN THE SNOW...RUNNING/FALLING/ACTING LIKE A FOOL..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]WANTING nothing TO DO WITH THE "FARRIER" :eek: :lol: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]WE COULD HAVE NEVER TETHERED HER UP TO NOTHING ...FOR ANY TIME??? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]SHE WAS NUTS...LOL...JUST HAVING FUN[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]WE GOT A BIG LAUGH FROM HER... AND I SURE WISH I HAD GOTTEN PICS & VIDEOS...BUT NOT![/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]*MY SWEET LITTLE BABY WOULD GO NO WHERE NEAR HER..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]**IS IT STRANGER ANXIETY?** ??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I don't know about the stranger anxiety... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]You will have to sit her down and explain to her that little girls should enjoy their pedicures!
default_yes.gif
: I wish you had gotten some pictures too. I bet she was funny. :lol: Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]oh that crazy Abbie! i bet it was a site! is she o.k. with you picking up her feet? i find Petunia is really shy with strangers until she gets to know them more, and some people she just won't go near...i should probably avoid those people as well
default_yes.gif
: . Nikki
[/SIZE]

Oh Nikki, That was a good one..I think I should be taking some clues form my minis as well, maybe let them pick my friends, they would probably do a better job at it. :bgrin Has Abby been around "strangers" before? I have quit a few here that will act that way if they dont know a person.I think it comes from donkeys instinct being all about themselves, and if there not sure about something, well...its not happening! :bgrin Once mine get to know a person they are fine with them, and usually try to run the person over with there affection
default_yes.gif
: but they are picky about who they like. :bgrin Yup--we need to listen to our donkeys much more. Corinne

:bgrin :bgrin LOL I can't say a thing - Miss Priss is THE WORST for the farrier she acts like such an idiot. Took him 30 minutes for her this week and 10 fro Vern and Ally
default_rolleyes.gif
:

<LOL> You should of seen Ella the first couple of times I had the Farrier trim her wee little hooves! And that was after I had been working with her for a month.

Now she just fusses with her rope when she is waiting her turn ..... she can now, untie any kind of slip knot.
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:

Once I get her rope and stand there with her now,,,she does pretty good.

Only a head flip off towards the Farrier...once and twice now....
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We all of course know what a head flip from a donkey means.!! :risa_suelos:

Ella loves attention from any one.... except grown men. Not sure why either. She will follow my hubby around right behind him...but she doesn't like to be touched. All the other equines fight over him because he is the best horse itcher around. :lol:

Donkey's are just so much fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
:risa_suelos: :lol:

HEY!!! where do you get these?

they don't show up on MY emoticons list...

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! YES THEY DO!!! we have new emoticons, woo hoo!!!!!

since we trim our own minis we don't have the stranger issue... but we have noticed they don't seem to like it. perhaps since, as shawna said, they are survival-oriented, and are prey so needing to flee, they don't like someone holding on to one of the parts they use to flee?? :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back