Falabellas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Love

Reaction score
So I recentely purchased my first Falabella, a 34 inch 15 year old sorrel pinto stallion, registered as AMHA/FMHA and possibly AMHR. I'm ecstatic to have "Toyland Picante Flame" as part of my miniature herd, I love him to pieces!

295372_502490133100828_1474457213_n.jpg

I have a couple questions.....

His AMHR papers were said to be lost, is there any way I can get them?

Are there any recommended Falabella breeding farms in Ohio or in nearby states where I can eventually get a purebred Falabella mare?

Who else breeds Falabellas on here and would like to give me some information on the breed, personal stories, pictures, or info on their personal breeding programs? Id love to hear all about your Falabellas! Im really falling in love with the breed
default_yes.gif

Diane at Castle Rock will have a TON of info. she is in Florida, but knows everything you ever wanted to know about them. Hopefully she will chime in.

Congrats!! I know next to nothing about Falabellas except the ones I have seen are nice. This year AMHR is having a half price sale and you can hardship him AMHR for $100 since he already has AMHA papers. Well, that is the mare & gelding price, stallions might be more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! I checked the AMHR stud book and he is listed. Best bet would be to call the AMHR registry - they are SO helpful - and ask them what to do about a lost registration certificate. You will probably need to have the "current owner" listed in AMHR sign an AMHR transfer form, at the very least. Here's his number from AMHR: 65329T TOYLAND PICANTE FLAME (FALABELLA). Looks like he'll also need to be brought from temp to perm.

Best wishes on your venture with Falabellas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Laurie at Toyland Miniatures has all Falabellas too. Either Diane or Laurie would be great contacts for more info regarding Falabellas. Mine are all 'blends'.

Laurie at Toyland Miniatures has all Falabellas too. Either Diane or Laurie would be great contacts for more info regarding Falabellas. Mine are all 'blends'.
OP, I would contact Laurie at Toylands since your stallion most likely originated from her herd (or family's herd). You will have to contact her anyways probably when it comes to registration papers; or even a little mare! ;)

Temporary papers to permanent papers isnt hard. All you have to do is pay the late fee and send in current pictures of him. (side, side, front, rear, markings)

Aren't they a particular bloodline? Don't quote me on that, I could be wrong!

He's beautiful btw (bit jealous lol)

Latest posts

Back