Equine Affair - Ohio

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN Belle

Reaction score
Anyone going / showing at the Equine Affair in Ohio next week?
default_biggrin.png

I AM
default_saludando.gif
I AM
default_488.gif
I AM
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

We are driving up on Thursday so we can play Friday and Saturday then driving home on Sunday. We have tickets for Friday's Pfizer Fantasia thing and are planning to go to every driving clinic. Since we just got our barn built, I will be shopping, shopping, shopping. I can't wait. I went to Equitana in Louisville ten years ago and didn't even have horses then, so this will be heaven if it was anywhere near that.

We went last year for the first time, also attended Fantasia and it was a great time! Im disapointed though, my dad is going to KY for his high school reunion next weekend and i am not sure if i want to drive through columbus by myself lol. Im trying to get a few friends together and us all drive down, we shall see what happens. I have tickets for Fantasia for Friday night to, hoping they are not going to go to waste.

I was planning to take a shetland down for Jumping in part of the aspc breed demo but with dad being gone, i just do not trust pulling a horse trailer through those parts.

Im going to try my best to be there Friday!
default_smile.png
default_wink.png

We're going to try and go, love to go shopping there and look at all the different breeds and visit with breeders
default_yes.gif

Ill be there friday!!! Going to shop for awhile and then I have tickets to Fantasia. Hope you have a huge bank acct LOL. There is so much to buy there!! And everyone gives special deals. I know last year they were selling barn flooring really cheap etc.

Ill have my cell phone on while im walking around if anyone wants to meet up just give me a ring 614-394-2517.

Every year I mean to get a stall and bring up some horses but its so dang cold!

default_aktion033.gif
Yes we will be there, we are doing the ASPC/AMHR Breed both and the Demo. If you have time

stop by and say Hello. Bob & Cathy

Yep, Judy will be driving her stallion, SF Mahogany Bay in the breed demo and we have tickets to the Saturday Fantasia.

Stacy Westfall is performing in the Fantasia, can't wait to see the bridless saddless performance in person.

I didn't think I could go this year as I am meeting Anoki in Kentucky with Lily for the Cardigan National Specialty show, but I was off a weekend, the dog show is the following weekend so I get to do both!

What can we southerners expect the weather to be in Ohio. I saw that a cold front is comiing through so that it will be chilly, but what about everything else. Do they still have snow or flooding to deal with? How should I pack, thick sweater and coat or just a nice sweater? I am typically cold natured.

What can we southerners expect the weather to be in Ohio. I saw that a cold front is comiing through so that it will be chilly, but what about everything else. Do they still have snow or flooding to deal with? How should I pack, thick sweater and coat or just a nice sweater? I am typically cold natured.
Heck with Ohio weather WHO KNOWS!!! lolol
default_rolleyes.gif
:DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif
:DOH!

From what I've seen/heard on the news and weatherbug, we're supposed to yet again get thunderstorms and rain this weekend.

Thursday it's supposed to be in the mid 60's with a 40% chance of rain during the day and then 50's at night with 30% rain chance

Friday upper 60's with 50% chance of rain/thunderstorms during the day, upper 40's at night with 60% chance of rain

Saturday mid 50's with 40% chance of rain, upper 30's at night with 30% chance of rain

Sunday, NO RAIN
default_aktion033.gif
and mid-upper 50's

I'd definitely bring a warm sweater or jacket and definitely an umbrella lol 50-60's can be jacket 'warm' but the Ohio is cool so for some people can still be pretty cold...

Not sure if we're going to be able to make it up there
default_sad.png
Parents are presidents of the Music Boosters for the high school so they run the concession stands for the ball games etc, and they have games everyday this weekend (ugh) BUT if we get all the rain they're calling for then maybe the games will be called and we can make it
default_biggrin.png

We'll be there in our usual spot, stalls #1 & 2 in the Gilligan Building. Stop by and say "Hi". They'll be 4 yearlings there for sale, 2 fillies and 2 colts. They will be greatly reduced for sale at the Equine Affaire, at a fraction ofthere usual price, so you may want to take a look.

We'll also be in the breed demo with several horses, including 3 time AMHA World Champion Jumper, Iona Excalibur.

Wear layers, most of EA is indoors and heated so you want to have things you can take off when indoors. No flooding or mud or snow to worry about, it is all pavement except for the actual horse arenas. Wear very comfortable WALKING shoes.

The Gilligan building where the farms are stabled is not heated, but fairly protected, but all the concrete holds the cold and is slow to warm on a warm day.

Oh, just google Equine Affaire and you can find the schedules and maps of the complex.

Get there early, the traffic backs up on to I-71 pretty quickly, especially on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back