Emergency need answer asap

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did call the vet. I already said that lol. Like I said he was supposed to call me back with the name of the shot and I wanted to know if he would call when he was on his way. Because his assistant or whoever told me "we close at 12 and then hes going to a farm, he will get to you around 5, could be an hour before or an hour after" So anyway she was supposed to call back when he was done with his client. She never did. My mom then called her cause it was ten minutes to 12 and no one had called. She then said he was already on the road and she "wasnt going to call him while he was driving" and my mom asked "well will he call when hes on his way or something" and he said "probably not" Like really!? I have never used this vet before though, my grandmother knows who he is and her friends use him and hes the closest which is why he was the first to be called. To be honest I haven't felt comfortable since he said the shot had to be given within 72 hours and he had to come tonight cause he couldn't do it any other time. It just didnt feel right to me and then the fact that he wouldnt give me the name of the shot he was going to use (I wanted to research it) OR call to say when he was on his way just made my bad feeling about him worse. So I explained how I was feeling to my mom and I said lets just call Dr. Tera (who is one of my two regular vets) and we did and she said to relax, that she gives the lutalyse, we have 30 days to get it done and to call sometime this week to set up the appointment. Immediately I felt at ease. We called to cancel the other vet (they didn't answer not surprised) but we left a message.

Annnnyyyywayyy I feel much better about the entire situation now. Glad I listened to my gut lol

Relax, take a breath...
default_smile.png

Good that your other vet is coming out, She'll see things right for you.

Also, your filly may have been in heat but I'd bet she hasn't ovulated yet. She's still quite young. They like to practice a bit first!

So yesterday was the day. I actually started typing this last night but fell asleep. woops. The vet came out. She said that it would be a really odd time of the year for her to come into heat however its not impossible. I never saw signs of heat but I do know that he bred her. There was a bit of blood in her vulva and "stuff" between her legs. ANYWAY she said with a big horse shed just stick her arm in and check to see if she was pregnant but obviously cant do that with minis so she definitely was for giving her the shot. So she gave it to her and the poor baby wasn't feeling good but she said some have been much worse about it and dramatic lol. She hunched up with contraction-like cramps. Was sweating a lot. But she was eating after 30 minutes and feeling all better after an hour. She also pooped twice too during her cramping. Which is always good. Us horse people love poop. The vet stayed with us while she was going through it too which I thought was nice of her. She is a fill in which makes me sad because I really like her. (I like the vet shes filling in for too dont get me wrong) So anyway she left us a second shot which we have to give her today (going over there in about an hour) which I'm not looking forward too since I hate that it makes her not feel good but I know it could be worse. And potentially much much worse if she definitely was pregnant and I irresponsibly let her have the foal. In about 30 days shes going to come back to do blood work and check and see if the shots did their job. I wanna thank everyone again for commenting on this when I was a nervous wreck. You all helped me relax a bit. And I appreciate that.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back