e_se

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolcrit

Reaction score
I have a six week old foal with weak pasterns he was very normal for at least the first 2 weeks of life now he is down a bit any ideas e-se ??? doseage??? what to do thanks

I would have your vet test his blood for selenium levels before I tried a supplement or injection of selenium...

Andrea

I'd square off his toes with a couple swipes of the rasp and just rasp straight across in both directions and see if that helps. Be sure he has access to salt and minerals and give it time and see if he bounces back up. Not possitive but I think you shouldn't be giving him a selinium shot, although I know some farms give it to the mare prior to foaling. Consult your vet on that.

I'd square off his toes with a couple swipes of the rasp and just rasp straight across in both directions and see if that helps. Be sure he has access to salt and minerals and give it time and see if he bounces back up. Not possitive but I think you shouldn't be giving him a selinium shot, although I know some farms give it to the mare prior to foaling. Consult your vet on that.

thanks people we are very low on selinium here I talked with vet and he gave me 1cc of e-se to give him no draw i know i use to give it to the goats when i had the dairy here his feet were trim last week but didn't sq the toes maybe should try that i have never had the problem before I just moved the mares and foals to a pasture by them selfs last 2 weeks and dummy me didn't move the loose salt and minerals with them think carol think

Latest posts

Back