Drinking Water

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Mouse

Reaction score
I read once of someone putting jello in their horses drinking water to get them to drink more and condition their hoofs. Does anyone here do that? If so, what flavor do you use? How much do you put in? And do you use Sugar Free jello?

Would welcome any suggestions on what to put in their water to get them to drink more.

Thanks!

Mine really like Gator Ade or Power Ade. I give it to them as a treat (diluted in water) and when we go to shows, I take it along to be sure they drink plenty. They drink it up good when I put the power ade in it. Mine seem to have liked all flavors I've tried.

jello?????

I would use powdered Gatorade or Kool Aid but not Jello.

JJay

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine just pours liquid gatoraid into the bucket and mixes it for when she's showing or traveling since her mare sometimes gets picky when it comes to water. If you want to add gelatin you can get the unflavored stuff (This also works well for people, if you want to boost your hair and nails) but I'd imagine you'd only want to add a little so it doesn't gel the water bucket. I'd think the atomic colors the other flavors come in would stain a horse's nose. On a side note, the "horse of a different color" from the Wizard of Oz was dyed different colors using jell-o on it's coat.

i woudlnt do jello. but gatorade and powerade is a godo way to get them to drink more water.

Latest posts

Back