Double K Clippers..thank you for those of you that pushed me into buying them!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shasta

Reaction score
:aktion033: I went ahead and bought my Double K clippers from Rob Crater at clcclippers.com..I also got to met Rob in person and what a wonderful person...I highly recommend buying your mini supplies from him...

Good for you Shasta! I got some for my first pair of clippers about a year ago... I agree they are the best you can get, I am a walking talking advert for Double K Clippers! :lol:

I LOVE my Double Ks. I have had a set since 2000, and they've held up great.

They took a major hit a few weeks ago when my yearling filly ran through the cord, ripped the cord(s) out and they hit the ground. I got the wires put back together and it works, but only just.

I need to get through one more show, then send them away for a major overhaul!!!

Was talking to someone that sells multiple brands and they agree that Double Ks are basically the best around for what we do.

Liz M.

Add me to the Double K fan club!!! I got mine 5 years ago, and I love them!!!

Liz R.

Here Here...I love mine Double K's as well....... now if I could just get my act together & get all my blades sharpened & get some new ones, I will be all set ....... haha. I am still undecided on which clipper blades I like best.... but I do love my Double K's. :aktion033:

Shasta it was great meeting you too.............I swear by either Double K, or Laube...............

And a correction to my web address is www.theclipperbarn.com

I also think that Double K's were one of my smarter horse equipment investments. And, I hope to meet Rob one day, too
default_yes.gif
:

Double K clippers are the greatest and I don't know how I ever clipped a horse without them.

They are worthe every penny

I am still using my Double K clippers which I bought in 1988.I have replaced a cord(the horse jumped on it&broke it)and bought a replacement head in case it stops(when you have half a horse done)I swear by these clippers.Mine are the older single speed but still do a great job.

Yes, count me in! I love my Double K's too!

I had always thought that the investment was too much for a herd of three (if you can call that a herd!), and with only clipping Mingus in spring...I thought I could make do with our StablePro clippers.

Then my one set of sharp blades went dull after just a head and neck clip, and Liz (Nootka) let us use her Double Ks. She warned us that the blades were dull after clipping three horses for the first spring cut, and also told us about Lark ripping out the cord...

...nonetheless, they still clipped SO MUCH better than the StablePros, even with a fresh, new blade. I knew how much simpler they would make my life, but didn't think Keith would ever go for it. Yet when he saw how great they worked and tried them out himself, HE suggested that we needed to save up for a pair of Double Ks...at least a used pair. So, I'd say the jury is in.

Rob...once we're past our "hospital poverty," we'll be in touch...!

Latest posts

Back