Double K clipper help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvf

Reaction score
Question about Double K clipper... I am having a problem getting the blade to snap down... and thought i would replace the lever... I ordered the lever and just got it yesterday...It looks exactly the same as the one that is in it... but it won't fit, the new one has too small of a hole to fit on the shaft (or whatever it's called).... My double k says it is a Model 401/501........ Is this an older model? and if so, where do i get the right lever?

(I also tried to search on the forum for old topics about Double K clippers, but i can't seam to get the search feature to work for me:(

thanks for any help

You may still have an old sleeve from the first lever on the pin. Sometimes the level comes off fine but the white sleeve stays. Use a screwdriver and slide the sleeve off and the new lever will fit fine.

You may still have an old sleeve from the first lever on the pin. Sometimes the level comes off fine but the white sleeve stays. Use a screwdriver and slide the sleeve off and the new lever will fit fine.
Yes, that is exactly what it was, the old sleeve...

so I now have that changed out now... but the blade still doesn't seem to snap all the way down like it should.

If your blade won't lock you may have a broken 'C' thingy. I'm sorry I don't know the proper name. It is a 'c' shaped piece of metal that locks the blade down. With the blade off and looking at the clipper head from the side you should see a very small piece of metal sticking up and the end of that piece is folded back on itself like the letter 'c'.

I couldn't get blades to lock down on one of my Double Ks and that was the problem. My other set was working fine so by comparing the two I could see what was wrong. I sent the hand piece off to Ft Worth Shaver to get fixed.

Thanks Charlotte, i think that might be it........I did go out and try the clipper out after i put the new lever on, and it clips really good, but it just doesn't seem to be locking the blade down like it should., so i think it might be what it is.

May be obvious, but are the clippers on when you snap on the blades? They have to be running when you snap them on.

Yes they are running on low when i try to snap them on. I have tried different blades also

I usually have mine on half to full speed to snap on. Then if they don't snap on completely. I lightly tap the face of the blade against a solid surface and they click on

I usually have mine on half to full speed to snap on. Then if they don't snap on completely. I lightly tap the face of the blade against a solid surface and they click on

Latest posts

Back