Does anyone really feel sorry for the US Postal service?"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is... the two people I know that work for the USPS... are only allowed to work 39 hours, they work very hard and it is stressful.

Because they can only work 39 hours, they do not get any bennies. No medical or anything else.

Also won't like it if I had to go to town to get my mail though. Not sure what the answer is but something will have to change.

Personally, I could get by with 2 stamps a year and have one left over! (maybe 2
default_laugh.png
) I do use the net and I do have rural postal delivery. I would be happy to check mail at the local building! In most cases once a week would be sufficient. There are still some requirements that "some" things are delivered to you. A private service could do that as well as USPS, maybe a little more cost but, still could do. Wouldn't affect me if they closed & let private take over.

I mean it would not affect "ME"
default_laugh.png
Because I practically never use the mail. Yes, some do use USPS, count on it, need it, etc. For those I would hope that reduced delivery times, days, location, etc. would work.

They could deliver as needed. Hey, we have situations that restrict use & privilege to certain persons (i.e. handicap parking, food stamps, WIC, employment access needs, assist animals, etc.) as determined they need whatever is being provided/accommocated & I think this could be set up to help with such situations.

I feel several great suggestions have been offered here and maybe USPS should read
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In my town the PO is more than just for mail. Its a way to check on the elderly the sick and to keep in touch. We only have 108 people in town,and I'm not sure how many rural cust there are. They want to close our Po this will be a hardship for many.We don't have a postmaster so wages are a low. The owner of the building cut the rent in half. the bussineses in town aren't sure what there going to do. Many in the area can not afford the internet or a computer.

just went thru a mess with a delviery confirmation priority pkg that was sent 9/8 and supposed to be delivered the following day, NOT! it was sent ack to sender.....and I still have not gotten it. It has cost me alot of money to duplicate and then had to hand deliver to client. In talking to Consumer Affairs ....who wer very helpful by the way, this is happening more and more......no one wants to take responsibility for anything or go that extra mile......

nope don't feel sorry for them at all...most of my mail is junk and five days a week delivery would be just fine.

The USPS could also do five days a week but also alternate neighborhoods. Like split them 50/50. One week, I get my mail on Tuesday and Thursday and you get yours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then the next week, switch. It would cut the delivery addresses to hit each delivery day by 50%.

I'm a governement employee also and I'll be the first to say I wish I got the benefits and salary that the USPS does. Every year at "OPEN SEASON" for health benefits what the USPS pays out of pocket vs. myself is less than 1/3 of what I do as a single person and it is even a great difference for a family plan, they also have a greater number of companies to choose from. They also pay less for their Optional Long Term Health Care coverage if they opt to take that--and it is a privately funded company.

Their GS payscale is not the same as the one I get paid off of--that is for sure. I would be makeing at least $10,000 more a year if I worked for USPS at the same grade and step that I am now.

I live in rural Norman (12 miles from town and 15 miles from the PO) and I get mail probably 3 times a week at most. I could certainly do WITHOUT Saturday delivery. I don't place mail in my mailbox as we have a lot of vandilization from the boxes so I bring mine into work and mail from the on-base po that is just 2 blocks from my office. The base also has and on-site UPS and FedEx office so I have everything I need right here at my fingertips.

I make roadster silks and I can ship through UPS for a lot less than I can the USPS for the same timeframe delivery service.

From this Government Employee it would not hurt my feeling on bit to see USPS go belly up and then our wonderful government might fix what would then be broken or turn it to a private company just like DOD contracts out to the likes of Boeing, McDonald-Douglas, and several others and like DOT contracted out the inputing of Government employee's time and attendance function--that used to be a totally in-house function as I used to have that job or the contracting out of Instructors for various DOT required training--my Father was a DOT engineering instructor for all of his federal career and then when he retired he was asked to stay on as a contract instructor so they would not have to hire someone to take his place--it was more cost effective.

Latest posts

Back