Do you drive a fiat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carriage

Reaction score
Touted by the one worlders as the natural evolution of humanity, a world without borders is a world with no economic safety net. Previously, when one or more countries fell under sway of serious economic recessions or depressions, borders tended to confine the damage. With today’s retrenchment and redistribution of industry, no safety net is possible. When any significant country catches a cold, the rest of the world will sneeze. God forbid a fatal economic disease should rise up anywhere.

Fact is, however, that fatal disease already exists and has swept the globe. It is called fiat money. Simply put, fiat money is any money, the value of which changes based upon actions of the government responsible for it, not due to economic underpinnings. The American dollar is the perfect example, with our government running the printing presses nonstop, just to keep the doors open.

Unlike what many people call “real money,” such as gold and silver, all down through history fiat money always has been watered, diluted and abused by its issuing government, until it soared into hyperinflation and became worthless. In times past, even real money was weakened as the result of people and government shaving off the edges, leading to the grooved edges which now are minted into coins to discourage shaving.

There are only limited quantities of gold and silver available and only limited amounts that can be mined each year, with each year seeing decreasing quantities of ore hauled from less productive mines all the time. The rarity of precious metals is what keeps them from being abused when used in commerce. That is why governments hate to use gold and silver as money. They cannot steal from the population through inflation merely by printing more.

Those of a more conspiratorial bent of mind believe the current decline in the value of all fiat currencies throughout the world is intentional. How better to implement a single currency for use throughout the world than by making all currencies fail at once? And governments get a huge bonanza in the process by paying off their debts with ever-more-worthless currencies that they simply print for pennies on the dollar. How better to pave the way for a single world central bank? Of course, those of us without printing presses get left holding the bag, as always.

"Of course, those of us without printing presses get left holding the bag, as always."

This is sadly funny...but not.

It's things like this that make me glad to be able to trade with other manufacturers/producers when we can.

We've traded for many things with the fish my husband catches (of course the Federal gov't does not like this one bit) over the years.

Everything from other types of food to services like dental.

Liz

I truly wish I could trade for all of my families needs. I have been getting more reports of both barter and black market activity. GOOD, thats all a part of "starving the beast".

Also interesting to note that even though Comex reports spot prices on precious metals (based on derrivite "paper", ie. NOT reality ) the reality prices for delivery of "in hand" metals is considerably higher. One economist predicts the start of a long black market for these REAL value metals.

And still the repdems are blindly but boldly following where most me have gone before and dutifully following and parroting their ill percieved betters.

Brings to mind the pied piper childrens story or better....... lemmings. I remember seeing a Christian themed T-shirt showing a bunch of lemmings charging head long over a cliff with but lemming going back the other way politely saying "pardon me, excuse me".............

It takes some metal to be that one lemming, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And I'm betting, neither would you Liz. We are in VERY good company, and the number grows.

Some horses won't drink even when led to water, others drink deeply. I'll stick with my drinking buddies...
default_smile.png

Actually we are worse off than you think. The Federal reserve is a privately held bank and is no more owned by the Government than Fed Ex. The rub is they print the money and lend it back to the Government. So while your assessment is correct the dollar is going to $0.00, we the American People are still obligated for the debt with interest.

Since the 1913 Bankers Act which gave the Governments right to print currency to the central bank named the "Federal Reserve" the dollar "Federal reserve debt note " has lost 97% of it's value. Thomas Jefferson called it perfectly paraphrasing" If we ever allow the central banks "Federal Reserve" to print our money and control the value by inflation and deflation, they along with the corporations will deprive the American people of all their property... one day they will wake up homeless on the Continent their fathers conquered.

On the bright side, things always get worse before they get better.

Well said Adela and 100 percent correct! 1913 was a VERY good year for the banker wolves.

And another "drinking buddy" joins the quiet fight.

Maybe we can get weird Al Yankivich (sp?) to remake that Thunder rolls song into, "And the number grows".

I have to admit that I thought that the topic of this thread read........Do you drive FAT...
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

SO TRUE !! It is amazing how the Federal Reserve and Goverment get away with it. People know what they do yet we are helpless.

SO TRUE !! It is amazing how the Federal Reserve and Goverment get away with it. People know what they do yet we are helpless.
That helpless feeling is a VERY well groomed tactic used by the entity that wants to hang onto power.

If you watch a movie called "Bugs Life" (yes I still love cartoons
default_smile.png
) Hopper, the head grass hopper terrorist (for our purposes we'll think of him as the Fed) lets you in on a lil secret that applies directly to our predicament. Says the scary ol Hopper, "They outnumber us 10 to 1 and if they ever figure that out we're finished!"

That movie also showed you that there were divergent thoughts on how to deal with the situation and the guy who had the correct answer (Flick) had to battle terrible odds within his own community to make it happen. In the end, the ants got hacked off, advanced on the grasshoppers and prevailed. Ol Hopper ended up bein fed to the robin babies and that fairly well put an end to that little problem.

Our situation is no different in the ratio aspect except we can do oh so much better than 10 to 1.

If enough people stop drinking the rep/dem koolaid and unite under the Constitutional banner there is no reason that we can't aproach and exceed a 1000 to 1 ratio. As usual, they know that most folks can't make that newborn jump because their work has stood for this long in convincing you that you can't fight city hall and the only party that can win is the rep/dem party.

The ONLY reason the one true party can't win is that , again, you don't support them.

They even have them fooled into thinking that there is a stark difference twixt the two. The pendulum swings back and forth between the two depending on the gullible publics perception of who the bad guys are which they also foment. Nobody ever takes a look up into the clockworks to see that there is a singular point which holds the pendulum in place. They're to busy beating up on the other side to notice they are being played like a fiddle. Thats why we have so many freaking fiddle players while the joint burns down around us.

Now me, I'm thinkin we pull the pendulum pin and solve the problem at the very root and simultaniously fix a mess o problems down-range. Many folk (and more every day) made the decision long ago that we could fight back, we jes been waiten on ya'll to catch up and realize the same thing. Many of us have paid a pretty steep price while waiting and wish a quickening on the speed of realization.

Our nation was not brought forth by the "helpless", because it was the land of the free and the home of the brave. It's in your blood, it just needs to be awakened.

Wakey Wakey..........
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back