Do any of you wear your pajamas in public? Poll!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear your pajama bottoms in public?

• Yes and I'm proud of it!

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • No but I do wear my sweats out in public

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Absolutely not!

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • I don't really care what I wear, I just need to get to the store

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OH Mercy, let me in here. I'm such a fashion icon!

Ok sweats and sleeper pants are two different things so here's my answer to each.

I LIVE in sweat pants all winter long. I have my daily junky crudy ones, you know, the kind that shrunk up the legs and are high waters, have gross stains on them and holes in wonderful locations. Yea, those I wear daily in the barn. Then I have my "dress up" sweat pants. Those are the ones that actually fit, no elastic at the bottom, have no stains and are decent and I have them in a wide assortment of fun colors. I totally wear them everywhere paired up with either their matching top or a sweater and then I'm styling.

As for sleeper pants....I also live in them at home. The only time I will wear them anywhere is like when I run up to the local store or anywhere that I will not be getting out of the truck like a drive-thru. I don't know why I won't go to the Walmart wearing them. The whole town does. Maybe I should try it sometime.

The only time anyone in my family that has wore those fuzzy pants in public is when my daughter had knee surgery and they were the only thing that would fit over her bandaged leg and brace that she had to ware for a couple of months. But as soon as she could get a pair of jeans on with out pain she did.

Have to admit....I have my ratty sweats and my "good" sweats, like Marty does. My old sweats are for around the house and farm chores. My "good" sweats are designed like regular pants, so I have been known to run to the grocery store or feed store wearing them.

Now, the teenager is another story.....She has what I call "sleep pants" and will wear them to the store and even occasionally to school! I guess other kids do too. She even has T-Shirts that match.

I don't now but have in the past. Cases such as being sick and after my c section. Personally I don't care what people wear as long as they are covered.

There was a time when you would never (ever) catch me out in public (and that means leaving the house) in anything but shorts/jeans. The last few years, I've gotten to the point where if I have to drive Deb to work early in the morning (so I can have the truck), I will wear my jammies in the truck (and hope like heck I don't get in an accident or get stopped! LOL). I will also wear them going thru a drive-thru...but will NOT get out of the truck and wear them where people can see me in public! It's just too much of a hassle to get dressed to drive her to work, then come home and have to change again to feed the horses...which I do in my jammies!
default_smile.png

As far as sweats go...I used to wear mine in public, but now they are so old and ratty that I refuse...LOL I guess I need new ones! ;)

I feel bad to say it, as I'm sure it's not true of those that answered that they do wear the pj's in public, but in general, it seems to me that the folks I see wearing the pjs in public (generally at Walmart) don't appear particularly clean at all. If they all looked as though they'd taken a shower recently I probably wouldn't have anything against it. As it is - no, I won't wear them, but I will wear "nicer" sweats.

I just had to update this. The other day when I wrote my response, I had been out in the barn for over three hours shoveling snow, horse poop, and various barn chores. I showered and throw on some comfy Stan Herman "lounge wear" also known as Pajamas. Anyways, my two kids had hair appointments at a hairdresser's salon which is in her home way out in the country. We were her last appointments and the thought crossed my mine.........."Hey, what the heck just leave on your comfy Stan Herman lounge wear and be comfy (other people do it, LOL) but I just couldn't. So I pulled on my cold, stiff jeans, and was rounding up my kids to go when all of the sudden I got a call from the hairdresser to hurry quickly that something was seriously wrong with my sister, who was the appointment ahead of us. I knew in this woman's voice that this was an emergency so I literally flew out of my house and never grabbed a thing. Long story short, my sister was having a stroke. Thank God, I got there when I did because the ambulance crew would not take her without her consenting to go. I explained to them, that she could be having a stroke and isn't in the right frame of mind to give her consent. Somehow, I was able to get her to listen to me and away we went to the hospital. Several times, I kept thinking can you image if I would have left that pajama outfit on? I would have been mortified.

Also, I want everyone to know that she didn't have any of the typical stroke signs

no headache

no nausea

normal smile

could lift her legs, and arms even with people pushing down on her limbs

could write a sentence &

could speak in sentences

I'm just sharing so that people know if you think something is wrong with a loved one SPEAK UP because I had to fight the ambulance crew to take it seriously and also two neurologists. I just knew that her reactions to questions and various things were not normal for her and totally out of character.

Latest posts

Back