Dixieland Fletcher, NC show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacharyfarms

Reaction score
I had everything ready to go for a fun day on Saturday but ended up at the vet clinic/Hospital in the middle of the night instead...but all turned out well and back home by morning but toooooo tired to drive the 1 1/2 hour to get there..espcially with the holiday weekend traffic in the Smoky Mountains..
default_wink.png
: Just wondered how everyone did and how was the turnout.

Zacheryfarms ~ I was at the Fletcher show helping a friend so I can give you the low down.

It turned out to be the largest show they've had. with all barns full and even overflow, that had to go up the hill to "C" barn where the big horses were.

The R show ran way into the evening and the A show didn't start until about 9 Saturday evening. The classes they didn't get in that night the did in the morning.

The hunter, jumper classes were awesome and there were some excellent jumping horses there (and alot of them). I won't spill the beans about how everyone did because I'm sure everyone will want to share their own success. Many of our LB members really have some good news to report. And the members of East Coast Mini Horse Club really kicked butt :aktion033: .

Sorry you didn't make it, but I'm glad everything turned out well for you. And yes, the traffic was quite heavy, but the weather couldn't have been more perfect.

I went all 3 days! What a great show! I did not get to show anything and it was my first time going to that facility but I still had a great time and actually got to WATCH the show,, something I dont usually get to do when I bring horses. I am looking forward to showing there next year.

I also watched my first driving versatilty class and I can't WAIT to start training Sweety my driving mare to halter and jump! My barn will be started this week so I am giddy with excitment!!!

Watch out North Carolina!! Here we come!!!

Angie

Wow sounds like a fun show!!I cant beleive how big it was!!Ended at midnight!!?!?!?Im exhausted at noon!!
default_yes.gif
: :lol:

I agree with Trish and Alison - what an awesome show !!! So many beautiful minis !!

I am so excited I am about to EXPLODE but I will let the person who showed my new horse, Cadle Creeks Galaxy N Galahad, for me explain how they did.

Galaxy had to jump off THREE times with me and another one of my new horses, Lynncliffs Rythum & Blues. I thought I was going to faint. I got to the turn to the 5th jump and stopped Blue dead in his tracks. My legs were shaking, I was soaked with perspiration and I had two HUGE jumps looming in front of us. I was starting to turn for the gate and give up but the spectators started yelling at me to keep going. Somehow I mustered enough strength to steer Blue over the last jumps - then my legs gave way. I screamed at Blue to pull me through the cones at the finish line and HE DID !!! I was so proud of my little "Mexican jumping bean" !! He's only 32" tall and he cleared 36". Anyone who stayed until 9:00 Saturday night got to see this little horse jump his heart out. I can't wait to see the pics that a friend took during the jumper class !!

Thanks for letting me toot my own horn.

Justine

It was a great show with the biggest turn out they have had in a very long time. They was a lot of very nice horses there. I was very happy with how my gelding Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty did, he was amazing. In the AMHR show he got all 1st in Model Gelding, all first in Youth Halter Geldings, and in the Aged Gelding class he got a 1st beating Lee Crutchfield showing World Grand Champion Gelding Glory Be Farms High Time Traveler, and two 2nds under Lee and Travler. Then he went back into the Grand and Reserve Gelding class and was Grand Champion once beating Lee and Traveler. So that meant he would go back into the Champion of Champions class on Saturday. Bruce showed his heart out in the Champion of Champion class but one of Lee Crutchfields horses won the class. Then he had to show in the AMHA show on saturday too which didn't even start up until 8:00 at night. So he went in the Amateur Halter Gelding class about 11:30 and won two 1st and a 2nd. So he went back into the Grand and Reserve Amateur class which start barely before 12:00 and got a Grand Chapion Amateur and a Reserve Grand Champion Amateur. They moved the rest of the Gelding classes to the next morning so he had to show again on Sunday morning, he got all 1st in the Senior Gelding 32-34 class, and then went on and was Grand Champion senior Gelding under all 3 judges. So he had to go back into Supreme for Amateur Supreme as the Gelding and Supreme as the Senior Gelding. He showed his heart again and was amazing but he was not the Supreme horse at this show. My other horses did really good too but i was most impressed with how Bruce did. I have learned everything i know from Lee Crutchfield and to beat him was very exciting. Thank you everybody who helped me out at the show. Aubrey

Oh I'm a jealous wreck....I wanted to go so bad...but was way to tired..but it sounds like all of you did so well..I 'm very proud of you and your horses and sure wish I had been there to see. It has always been a favorite show for me to attend but so many of the people that use to go there are out of the business now but sounds like new ones are taking over...yea....I'm hoping to have a horse or two there next year..Congratulations to all of you. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
We had an awesome show under our trainers Lee Crutchfield & Kirby Jones of Aloha Acres. Our gelding Dakota San Juan Marcos took first in all his open classes under all three judges and then showed in Youth with Shannon and took two firsts and one 2nd.

Marcos ran Liberty with Shannon and Kirby and took first under all three judges for the AMHR over class.
default_smile.png

Miss Kitty took firsts across the board in her classes and then took the AMHR show with Champion of Champion under all three judges!!!

I ran up there Saturday long enough to see Marcos in Liberty and then came home to watch Rowdy and Shandy on cam. Rowdy is very close to foaling and I didn't want to leave her unattended.

It looked to be a wonderful show with a great turnout. It's always a favorite of ours to attend.
default_yes.gif
: Sorry you missed it Judy.

Congratulations to everyone who participated!

I watched Marcos in Liberty.

Goosebumps!!! :new_shocked:

It was really pretty to watch!! congrats!!

We need name tags... LOL

Again, the quality of horses was exceptional.

Congratulations to you all, that was a tough show!!

Sandy

Latest posts

Back