digital Camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairygirl

Reaction score
I need to ask for help with my digital camera. My husband is the one that handles all this computer stuff around here. He is deployed to Iraq and I am lost. I'll try to explain this the best way I can so you can understand my problem.

My camera that I use to take horse pics. and stuff decided to stop taking more then 1 to 2 pics. before I would have to come in and down load them. Smart me broke out the book on it, after owning this camera for 6 years and 6 years later I found out it has a memory card or flash card or what ever it is, in it. So I ran off to Wal-Mart to see if they had another. This old card was a 8 mb card.

The lady at wal-mart looked at me like I was a 5 year old and tells me, " You do know that these cards don't last forever", well no I didn't know ding dong. So she tells me I need to just get rid of the old camera and get a new one. I told her I'm not giving up on my OLD camera just yet so she gives me another card that is 12 mb..

I ran home and put it in. Oh my God I can save up to 300 pics. at one time instead of a few at a time. So I take out to the pasture. Get 13 pics. and come running back ready to download them. Now the computer says I have no pictures on the camera. So I look on the camera ( the back of it has a screen) and the pics. are there. So with much reading of all kinds of help topics. I came down with the problem that Windows 2000 doesn't read over a 16 mb card. Well dang, mine is a 12mb card so what is the problem. So I read more and more and do all they say to do to get it fixed and it still comes down to this same answer.

It also told me to get a compact flash card reader. Don't have a ideal of what that is so I'm going off to wal mart again today to see if I can find one. Any ideal on how to use this thing or how to fix my windows 2000 screw up? Any one have this problem before with their camera?

You need to format the card if you want to put it directly into the computer. The camera can do that. But don't do that yet!!!

The pictures can be downloaded from the camera if you connect it with a USB cable or a camera dock. The camera does the "translation".

Thanks ladies. I got it fixed. I bought a card reader. Now all I have to do is wait for the rain to stop so I can use it. LOL.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back