Dandruff on Show Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Endless

Reaction score
A friend asked me to ask you all what to do for dandruff on her show horse. She has tried Head & Shoulders and Listerine and neither worked. If any of you have a treatment would you please post your ideas and if it is a lifelong treatment or the duration of the treatment. Thanks so much

Cure from the inside out. My gelding and mare always had bad dandruff until I started them on DAC Oil. Now they're perfect. It takes a few weeks to make a difference but it DOES work.

I used to use boiled linseed years ago added to feed..coats were beautifully clean and super shiny
default_yes.gif

If your horse has dry skin- during their bath, should you wash their whole body with a special soap/shampoo? Would Head and Shoulders be a good choice?

Cure from the inside out. My gelding and mare always had bad dandruff until I started them on DAC Oil. Now they're perfect. It takes a few weeks to make a difference but it DOES work.
I agree totally with from the inside out, we have always given ours flax seed or BOSS.
If your horse has dry skin- during their bath, should you wash their whole body with a special soap/shampoo? Would Head and Shoulders be a good choice?
I personally would not use Head and Shoulders on a horse.

I would use a gentle baby shampoo with an aloe vera conditioner , make sure they have access to a vitamin and mineral lick and oil to the feed , I use BOSS ( black oil sunflower seeds )

Latest posts

Back