Daily Wormer Dosage

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
I have all but 1 horse on daily Strongcid...always bought the 10 tub. I dose for 300lbs according to cup they provide. I just purchased the 25lb tub which supplies a mucher bigger cup but I figured it would be the same dose, right?? Not !!! if I were to read the lines on this cup to dose for 300Lbs. it would be 3x's more than what I would normally give. ( I measured it b/c it looked like alot ) Its like they marked the lines on the cup by just guessing. Now Im second guessing... if I had, in the past, given too little of a daily dose or am I about to give too much.

I called company to ask but they must be starting their holiday..will call later.

Was wondering if any one else has ever noticed this and for those that use Strong. about how much per horse are you giving.

Also Im now worried about the Sand Clear...I give about 1/2 the provided cup ( in a 5 lb. tub ) for 1 week a month...even a little more in the winter b/c they have to "dig" around alittle more for their good grass.....and they never seem to keep their hay on the mats provided. Is that enough in your opinions?

Thanks for any help and Merry Christmas To All'

heidi

Horses are still on a rotation of other wormers and I dont believe any have worms but Im just double checking, Thanks

If you have been using Strongid in the small rectangular tub that is Strongid 2X or TWICE the dose of the Strongid in the big green bucket. So if you just got the green bucket, you would dose according to that measure, which should be about 2X the amount you had used.

BTW, I dose all mine with the 2X, and dose to the 250 lb mark, which I calculate as 1 tablespoon.

If you have been using Strongid in the small rectangular tub that is Strongid 2X or TWICE the dose of the Strongid in the big green bucket. So if you just got the green bucket, you would dose according to that measure, which should be about 2X the amount you had used.
BTW, I dose all mine with the 2X, and dose to the 250 lb mark, which I calculate as 1 tablespoon.
This is correct. I have yet to find the 2x in a 25lbs tub. I have only found it in 10lbs and 50lbs. The 2x is 2.11% active ingrediant, the strongid c is 1.06% active ingrediant, so you need to give double to achieve the same dose.

The benefit to the smaller extra strength tub is the space it takes up and the cost to ship ten pounds of 2x compared to a 25LB tub of regular strength. I personally like reusing the 5 gallon buckets (not to mention we have a local place that sells it way cheaper than TSC, like $13 cheaper).

Gosh, thanks guys. I didnt even realized that I bought a differnt type. I see that now. Thank you for watching out for me!! I thought I was ordering the same as I always do but in a larger size. Me dummy!!

Latest posts

Back