Critique?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie Iceton

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my lil guy, Alley (Chickadee Ridge Supreme Alley Kat) Wondering what you guys thought of him conformaton wise? I am not sure if this is a good pic?

AlleyKat005.jpg

He just needs allot of "bloom" on him,,,

A early yearling im guessing, so they all go threw that uggy stage. He is just not super ballanced and smooth right now. Needs allot of weight and muscle overall and then i do not really care for where his neck comes out or his shoulder angle, that is pretty steep. His head doesn't really seem to blend in either.

Thanks yeah, that is when I first got him at his old home, he was in a really BIG herd, but now he is home, fat and fuzzy and yes he was just over a year in that pic and now hes a year and a half. He is improving daily, he has good bloodlines, he is out of Little Kings Skipper Supreme and a mare out of Sheep Meadow Dashaway I am hoping he will be my show s=horse, depending on how he unviels and a driver, if he stays under!!!!!

I just dont think thats a good enough picture at all to critique a horse. Its an odd angle, the halter is too big and hes not square.

I think he could have potential for being a good horse, he looks like he has fairly straight legs and a somewhat pretty head (hard to see), the only thing I guess I can see wrong with him, that has to do with conformation not conditioning, is he isnt very level across the hips...this is a good picture to tell if a horse is good though because if a horse can look good just out of pasture then most likely it is a better horse than the ones that are good at posing!
default_smile.png

Melinda

Yes I will have to wait until spring, when he unfurls a bit as a two year old I am a fraid as he is a bit musk-oxish at the moment haha!!

While not pictured correctly for detailed conformation analysis, I do think he'll make a cute show gelding. What he will excell in will ultimately depend upon his build and drive.

Latest posts

Back