Companion Animal/Ameteur Excellence Program

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Just have to crow a little!
default_biggrin.png
Our first two minis who will be 18 and 19 years old this spring have earned their Companion Animal and Ameteur Excellence Awards!
default_aktion033.gif
The reason it took so long is because we are unable to travel and show much.
default_sad.png
They have done parades single and hitch; nursing and retirement homes; preschool and elementary school visits; high school musical productions; local open shows and county fairs and AMHR shows. They competed in Halter, Obstacle, costume, Liberty, country pleasure, roadster, Draft hitch and single Draft and single and team Roman Chariot!
default_aktion033.gif
The gelding, Longview Acres Midnight Shadow (35.5" ) was retired from driving last year due to an old stifle problem that created hip and back soreness. He still does leadline with a very tiny rider occasionally and shocked the daylights out of us
default_new_shocked.gif
by receiving Reserve Grand Champion mini gelding at our county fair (and I wasn't going to enter him!).
default_wub.png
The mare, Longview Acres Midnight Babe (34.5") will be retired from show driving this year or next. But she is still a contender in Youth Halter , Leadline, and Costume.
default_yes.gif
We truly love these two who introduced us to the wonderful world of the miniature horse and have given us so many years of pleasure and joy-we salute them!
default_aktion033.gif
:salute

Congratulations on your accomplishemnts with your guys! And thank you for doing a good job promoting minis for all of us.

Now I have to ask, do you have any pictures of your two Longview Acres horses? You see, our first mini is Longview Acres Lil De De Dinah. She is 19. She is a National Reserve Champion in halter and Liberty and is the dam of a number of top winning show horses in the US and Europe & Canada. She is 31". I would love to see pictures of your guys.

It's a small world isn't it?
default_smile.png

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte: It IS a small world! We do have LOTS of pictures of Babe and Shadow; but we just got the computer and printer for Christmas and haven't figured out how to "push all the buttons" yet. If we can figure it out, I'll try to post a photo soon. We bought them from the Phillips (Longview Acres) in Harvard IL when they were 1 and 2 years old. Their Sire is Mini Bits Sugar Bear and Babe's dam is Longview's Lil Darlin (a Wheeler's Fire Engine Red daughter). Shadow's Dam was Oz's Kewpie Doll. Did you get your mare from the Phillip's then? Who is her Sire? He only had two stallions at the time we purchased ours. He would be thrilled to know how your mare has done, if he doesn't already!

We lived in Ringwood IL not far from Harvard when we bought Dinah as a yearling from the Phillips. AND Dinah and Babe are maternal sisters! OMG! What a small world!

Dinah was 17 or 18 in this picture

DiNatS.jpg

I can't wait to see pictures! Learn fast. LOL

Charlotte

Congrats to you it is a wonderful program I am glad you are taking advantage of things the registry has to offer as well as promoting the breed
default_yes.gif

Congratulations!! Those are MY kind of minis - very versatile!! You have done a fantastic job of promoting miniature horses. I admit however that I don't know anything about this program and award - could you tell us more? And, yes we would all love to see pictures of them!!

Congrats on your accomplishments through the ASPC/AMHR Amateur Excellence/Companion program of the Triple A Amateur. It's heart warming to see and hear of those amateurs out there with their horses winning in other areas besides the show ring.

Anyone interested in the Triple A Amateur Advantage program and what it is all about, you can go to the ASPC/AMHR website, click on the Amateur button on the left and download all of the program. Any questions you can drop me an email or give me a call.

Again, Congrats!

Karen Shaw

Chairman

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Advantage Program

That is wonderful! Congratulations!

I had printed out the form and plan to get my new gelding enrolled. Now I just need to discipline myself to carry the paper with me so officials can sign it! You have inspired me.

Thanks for all the wonderful resp)onses. Babe and Shadow qualified for the Nationals in Team hitch and Chariot several times; but we never had the money and time availability to take them.
default_no.gif
But I feel these programs gave them just as much "prestige" if you will as going there! I think some of you would (will) be surprised to see them. They are in their very late teens as mentioned and are not the refined type of today (Dinah is lovely-Babe didn't inherit that araby head). They are nice though. Babe is slightly stocky, but has fairly refined legs and a straight head shape. HUGE dark eyes (the feature most people are caught by). Shadow resembles an old fashioned Lippett Morgan in type.
default_yes.gif
We certainly have had fun over the years with them. They are a great credit to the breed I feel. If you use the same vehicle to transport your minis-just stick the paperwork in the glove compartment-LOL!!!
default_laugh.png
Usually there is someone to sign it that has something to do with each event. It's really not too difficult-it's just the remembering each time to do it. Which is what's happening with our current minis-oops!
default_no.gif
And you don't have to show your mini to earn the Companion Animal Award!!!
default_aktion033.gif
So anyone with a mini should check it out!
default_saludando.gif

You just really keep sparking my interest in Babe and her relationship to our Dinah. Dinah has the huge beautiful eyes too, but she is ultra refined. Their dam was extremely refined also...very araby looking. Somewhere I have a pciture of her...a print. Maybe I can find it.

Charlotte

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif

This sounds like a really neat program. We will be checking this one out.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back