CMHR NEEDS ******* YOU! ********

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
CMHR needs State Coordinators in all states.

We are at an all time low for State Coordinators. Please help us out with the mini in your state or area.

Some of the duties of the SC's are:

State Coordinators are the direct contact for the volunteers within each state. They are also the first point of contact for authorities, other rescues/shelters, foster homes and prospective adopters. SC's are the local or state representative for CMHR in the field.

The SC shall be the first point of contact within their state including:

1. All communication with pre-established rescue/shelters

2. Contact point for people who wish to relinquish rights of ownership

of their miniature horses. (This is over 50% of our rescues)

3. a.. When an individual brings a report of potential abuse or neglect of a miniature horse, it will be the SC’s responsibility to acknowledge that CMHR is a non-seize rescue, but will assist the individual in making a report to the proper authority in their area and aiding where we can.

b. Contact the agency/authority and offer assistance once the complaint has been filed

4. Facilitate interstate and intrastate rescue operations to include transportation, travel documents, vet check, and establish Case Record for the incoming horse.

5. Be the Go-To person for their State Foster Familys.

6. FIND FOSTER HOMES!

This is not a difficult job. There are some states that since our inception have had NO rescues. Others, like VA and surrounding areas that have had dozens. All SCs will have a Regional Coordinator to report to be there for any assistance. Most RCs are Board Members. So you won't be out there by yourself. We just need to lighten our load a little and utilize our greatest assets, YOU!! Please consider becoming a State Coordinator, you will be glad you did. The minis need you.

Ginny StP

Edited to add....ALL Canadians are more than welcome, please sign up, we need more help up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Linda, that's great. Just go to our web site www.chancesminihorserescue.org

and download the SC Form, fill it out and send it to Gini Acton. Her address is on the form.

Welcome to the CMHR Family. I've gotten 4 PMs of volunteers and 2 posted here. Forty two more and we'll have the USA covered and some of Canada! LOL

Ginny

I'll take New Mexico! and I all ready have a couple of new foster homes that just need to get paper work done!

Darn! Minimule beat me to it!
default_smile.png

Hi minimule. :saludando: I am in New Mexico too. I would love to help out wherever I can. Need to get my foster home paperwork submitted too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible that I may be able to take Colorado but I will have to get back to you on this.

I know you are very busy but I am wondering how long it takes to be processed and notified one way or another?

I submitted info and membership fee several weeks ago and have not heard anything yet.

I know you are very busy but I am wondering how long it takes to be processed and notified one way or another?

I submitted info and membership fee several weeks ago and have not heard anything yet.
Karen you have e-mail :bgrin

Latest posts

Back