clothes for a jr. showing in halter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1keegan

Reaction score
Is a tasteful ls western shirt with embellishments & fringe along with black pants and black boots a good choice for a child to show in a halter class?

Is a tasteful ls western shirt with embellishments & fringe along with black pants and black boots a good choice for a child to show in a halter class?
The western shirt would be no problem but I can see the fringe being a distraction if it's long and on the sleeves. If this is a local show go ahead and go for it. No point in spending loads of money on a child for one show. However, if this person is planning on showing all summer you might try to find a dressy looking shirt (if it's a boy a simple white shirt is appropriate - for some reason girls "need" LOL to look more fashionable) to use after this.

I think I would stay away from fringe so that she doesnt look out of place as you dont see that too often in the show ring

Now if its a very young girl like 10 and under then its fine but if shes a tween or teen I wouldnt

My opinion:

No fringe

Stick with the basics and some simple embleshments.

Nice little earings (in a girl)

Neat hair in a tight braid or bun (girl)

Everything clean and shiny.

Everything should fit well.

My daughter showing her gelding at a local show (yes Arabian, but she wears the same stuff with her Mini).

jrprincess.jpg

Thanks for your replies. The shirt only has short fringe across the front chest seam; none on the arms. Since it will be her only show for the year, I think we'll use it unless something better turns up
default_smile.png

The suggestion for hair up tight is a good one-

What size is she? I have some stuff or Ravens from last year and the year prior I would have to guess at the sizes but girls medium and small or girls 6-8-10 maybe? You can email me at [email protected]

Latest posts

Back