Clipped 3 of my yearling fillies too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
We have had such a nasty, long winter, and followed it with a cold, windy, rainy, nasty Spring, that when we finally got a couple of nice days last week, I wanted to get outside to do something more with the horses, so I ended up clipping my 3 yearling fillies...now I regret doing it, as I have been having to keep them all blanketed and in the barn as we have been down to or below freezing at night again and only in the 50's during the day! Today we were fortunate to have seen 60 again! Sure wish the wind would die down, and the sun stay out awhile and the temps warm up a bit!! Anyway, here are the 3 I clipped...

Last Chance Princess Of Fortune - grulla yearling filly

fortune1.jpg

fortune2.jpg

Last Chance Princess Ella - red dun(?) yearling filly

ella1.jpg

ella2.jpg

Triple Ks Destinys Golden Essence - palomino yearling filly

essence1.jpg

essence2.jpg

essence3.jpg

default_smile.png
) Nice girls Mona !

and don't feel alone... I clipped EVERYBODY here... except the babies...

Have been blanketing here too! *sigh*

~Sandy

Very pretty, Mona!!!

I hope my hand raised Trooper colt turns out the same color as your Ella!!! Do you have pics of her as a younger foal? Was her mane darker when she was born and then turned light?

very pretty Mona, Love the color on the grulla filly,they are all so nice....sigh..if only I could win the lottery.....

They look great!! I too am sick of this weather!! Mine are blanketed almost nightly and I've gone to 3 shows already and horses just don't act well when they are cold!!
default_wacko.png
Been a circus this year for sure
default_wacko.png
default_new_shocked.gif

I don't know where this "global warming" is taking effect!!
default_wink.png

Very pretty, Mona!!!
I hope my hand raised Trooper colt turns out the same color as your Ella!!! Do you have pics of her as a younger foal? Was her mane darker when she was born and then turned light?
Jill, I don't even know 100% for sure if she is red dun. I always thought and said she was, but someone else very early this Spring told me they thought she wasn't so I was having doubts about it. Her mane and body color were more red at birth and as a foal, but now as a yearling, she has a lot of black hairs mixed in her mane and her coat color is a more orangy color, which is now again making me think she IS red dun. I guess I won;t ever know, as I am not testing her, as she will be leaving here next month to go to her new home. I am thinking she looks different from regular duns because she carries the mealy gene and flaxen?? I really don;t know, but I really like it, whatever it is!

Here are the pics of her you asked for...

"Ella" at 1 day of age...

ella1day.jpg
ella1day2.jpg

and shown here freshly after being clipped...

ellaclipped.jpg

ellaclipped2.jpg

ellaclipped3.jpg

Her color is gorgeous!!! Thanks for posting the younger pictures of her! And I'm happy happy happy because I think her newborn color was very similar to Troopers!!!
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Her color is gorgeous!!! Thanks for posting the younger pictures of her! And I'm happy happy happy because I think her newborn color was very similar to Troopers!!!
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Thanks Jill. She is a different color than the red dun pinto I had born here last year sired by the same stallion, but I guess they can come in varying shades as well, and then add other modifying genes and it really makes it confusing!
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back