Cindy foaling topic (and later Luna)(ex-weefoal tests?-topic)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We call this "udder madness" and yes, it can be quite normal. Remember, maidens haven't read the "book" so they relish in making our lives crazy!!

It will settle down, have no fear! LOL

Last edited:
If it makes you feel better, I have a maiden mare that is 328 days and just started making a bag. The pictures of your mare shows her bag more filled than my mare. Meanwhile, are other maiden mare due in March. She even has more of a bag then the mare due 4-6 weeks earlier.

Well, yesturday we had no udder. Today we have, at morning, like half of what we had on those last pictures.. Maybe, meybe.. Soon.. And I have planned to put my other maiden with stallion when spring comes... Ya right, lets see what will I do with her. (After Cindy foals, of course I let Naomi have her "spring holiday" with Duni..)

Now at the evening, udder is completely gone. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Day 270, 286 or 310. Taking new pics 10.2, 20 days after last side/behind pictures. If nothing changes dramatically before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something different this morning. Maybe it goes, again, back to zero. She has been shedding for a while, 2-3weeks, too.

u278 293 318 b.jpg s278 293 318.jpg

And this is few hours later. Still little wide but belly is dropping.

s278 293 213p.JPG t278 293 318p.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking very good. Dropping definitely, but still not moved into position, which is fine. She's pr9ogressing nicely!!

Can't wait!

There is definately something happening.

She is making udder now, progressing nicely. Today pics, behind, udder, vulva long too. Tail resistace is almost gone. Vulva inside color is normal light pink.

t279 294 319.jpg u279 294 319b.jpg v279 294 319.jpg

Finally. 319 now. I´m happy, and just telling her how good girl she is making progress and so on.

Well.. Back to where we was few days ago... Belly higher and wider, udder almost empty and so on.. Maidens! darn. And even the weather is warm, so I can´t blame "because it´s freezing cold"-weather. Well.. Day after day getting closer..

She was just practicing:) Lol, gotta love it when they do that, they get you all excited then nada
default_smile.png
But eventually it will come!

So pretty caqnt wait!

She lovet it when I gently scratch her belly from down. Would that help? I need to sit in the barn for couple hours just to test? :D haha. maidens! She cant keep it inside forever! I have plenty of time to wait, i just want not wait anymore.
default_please.gif

With her elongation as progressed as it appears, and tail resistance almost gone, I'd be paying close attention, as she can turn and move very quickly again. Not quite "sleep in the barn time, but getting very close. Watch for personality changes... some become very clingy and some separate themselves.

Looks like we could have a race going on very soon. Can't wait to see these SPOTS!!!!

Belly up and wide. Power is back on tail too. elongation gone. Udder very small, but there is some. And the baby was partying in the belly this morning, whole belly bouncing, after few days of no movement and over a mont just smalla movement. Cindy has been eating a lot more hay past two days than before.

Weather is nice, snow slowly melting, and I´m gonna do my sisters birthday cake next.

We have three days of steady development, again. Maybe this time she wont go back to nothing?
default_please.gif

Some foal movement can be felt and seen, not mutch, but there she/he is still. Belly seems lot smaller! not pointed down, not wide. Butt is softening slowly, day after day, and tail power is going down slowly.

s288 301 327.jpg ty287 300 326.jpg u288 302 327.jpg

Looks as though she's on the final countdown at last! Of course she could make you wait a while yet or she could suprise you and move onward very fast. Keep a very close eye on her from now on - keep us informed too please, things are looking exciting!

Thanx for sharing your journey with us! I'm looking forward to seeing this baby! Come on little mama!

Well, she went back to minimal, again! But today she looks better, again. How many "again" do we have with this one.. Belly lot better shape then for example yesturday (she had that one day befote, when belly was down, then it went back up).

u290 304 330.JPG s290 304 330.JPG

She did not go back to zero this time, jost to "very small". And that was jjust one day. This is the final countdown. It must be! Day 330 now, or 304, she was in season like whole summer and three months with stallion.. Must be 330 or maybe 304. Brobably 330.

Latest posts

Back