CAVALIA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
We saw Cavalia in Dallas yesterday, and WOW is the only way to describe it. Beautiful show, wonderful horses and an incredible rapport between horses and performers. There was everything from mystical segments with beautiful music, soft light and "snow" falling, to all out he** for leather Roman riding and trick riding sequences. It was a delightful show, and our only regret was in not buying the VIP tickets to go backstage after the show and visit up close. If you haven't seen it and have the opportunity, it's well worth the price. They also sell a DVD with much of the show and lots of backstage close ups too.

Jan

Jan,

I went to see Cavalia last Sat. as a birthday gift from my better half. It was truly amazing to watch. We didn't get the VIP tickets either. I agree if anyone has the chance to go, you won't regret it.

Judy

They have a DVD now?? :new_shocked: I'm so jealous! I saw it when it was here in WA and loved it, would have bought a video on the spot but all they had was the soundtrack (which I bought.) Anyone want to pick me up one when they go?

Leia

I went here in Seattle...[SIZE=8pt] twice[/SIZE]... and it was wonderful!

The VIP tickets were WELL WORTH IT. We had wine and hors d'oeuvres - recieved our programs... checked out the merchandise... and then had excellent seats. At intermission we had more goodies. After the show we met back in the tent and had a talk from the director... then got to tour the barn as everyone was getting settled down for the night. Many of the performers/riders were there and asking questions, joking around and having a good time.

Good memories...
default_wub.png
:

XDEJQ-Reflections_Delgado_Sisters.jpg

cavalia3.jpg

cavalia1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a DVD now??
I wonder if you can order it off their website ( www.cavalia.net)

Tagalong, I can't tell my daughter how great the vip thing sounds, she was really on my back to do that LOL.

The guy in the last picture you posted was such a treat to watch, he has an incredible bond with the horses......and doesn't hurt that he bears a fair resemblence to Mel Gibson. :bgrin

Jan

OMG I want to see it so bad! I'm thinking maybe for a graduation present we can go see it...maybe...if we magicly come into money, lol!

Tagalong, I can't tell my daughter how great the vip thing sounds, she was really on my back to do that LOL.
:lol: I'll tell her...

It WAS worth it. Did I say that already?

Seeing the horses "backstage" was amazing. The one Belgian must be over 18 HH...

I took my mom the first time - she was amazed - and laughed so hard during the trick riding sequence that blasts back and forth across the stage that she was crying. I still think they need a mini in that sequence... have one of the guys run across the ring in feigned terror - and instead of one of the mighty stallions after him - a mini gallops across....

I went with a totally non-horsey friend of mine the second time who treated me AGAIN to the VIP seats - heh. During the pas de deux I glanced at her and she was so moved she was teary. They almost had to push her out of the barn tent afterwards - she wanted to linger.

If it comes anywhere near you - it is SO worth it. The music is amazing - and the live musicians must play to what the horses are doing - the young buckskin stallion goofed around the second night I was there and the musicians had to ad-lib and go with the flow until the sassy show-off decided to go with the script. More or less. :lol:

I have tickets for Dallas on April 14.

What should we wear?

How long does the show last????

Are cameras allowed?

I took my wife to see this while it was in Houston. I think she liked it, but I was disappointed.

To be fair, I didn't realize what type of show I was really going to see. When I saw the ads, all they show is people with horses. I assumed it was a fancy set of liberty performances like that guy (Hans or something) we've seen clips of on here from Europe). So, we got tickets.

Well, it's a bit too...how should I say this?...ah heck, it's too artsy fartsy for me. But, if you like that Cirque du Soliel stuff, then you'll love how they incorporate horses into almost every moment of a show full of acrobats and skinny, gentle boys with mullets and miniature females on bungee cords who all dance and flip.

There were a few really good parts with the "Ultimate Mullet" guy (last person pictured above...who someone just used to insult Mel Gibson) and some horses at liberty, but there's also a lot of people riding a walking horse to music that drag on and on. There's also some parts where they're just basically chasing a horse that runs from them or playing with a horse that's just waiting to see the right gate open so it can exit. We've all done that plenty of times at home, but to someone who doesn't have horses, it would be cute. There's some pretty good trick riding thrown in, but if you've been around horses long enough, you've already seen it.

Laura: As far as what to wear, we wore tan slacks and button up shirts. Then we sat between one couple in a suit and dress and another couple in jean-shorts and t-shirts.
default_unsure.png
: Tell Danny I said to be sure to get a beer before you go in. It lasts awhile and you probably won't get another drink until intermission.

I saw the show last year, and it blew me away!

I don't think they allow cameras, you would need to use a flash and I know when i went they said that they don't want you taking pictures because it could spook the horses.

No cameras allowed, and dress is pretty much whatever you want. We went to an afternoon show and saw a little of everything. As with every event you see now, there is a well stocked concession stand with t shirts, stuffed toy horses, etc.

Insult Mel Gibson? Me? Never! But look again at that last picture........LOL.

Jan

Lauralee,

We also went to the afternoon show and the dress was casual for the most part. In fact I wore jeans. They ask you not to take pictures. A lady a couple of rows down from us had her camera and took a picture before the show started and was told NO PICTURES.

There is a fifteen minute intermission and the show lasts about 2 hrs and 15 minute. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I would love to see it again. My 7 year old Grandson hasn't stopped talking about it yet.

Judy

There were a few really good parts with the "Ultimate Mullet" guy (last person pictured above...who someone just used to insult Mel Gibson) and some horses at liberty, but there's also a lot of people riding a walking horse to music that drag on and on. There's also some parts where they're just basically chasing a horse that runs from them or playing with a horse that's just waiting to see the right gate open so it can exit. We've all done that plenty of times at home, but to someone who doesn't have horses, it would be cute. There's some pretty good trick riding thrown in, but if you've been around horses long enough, you've already seen it.
Whoa.
default_smile.png

I guess I am really simple or easily pleased or both - as I loved the interaction between the people and the horses at liberty. It was not just "chasing a horse that runs from them".... and I never get to do that type of liberty work with Lusitano stallions with live music at home. :risa8: I never found that anything dragged. Nor did the non-horsey types who went with me... *shrug*

I am sorry you were disappointed and felt it was a bit of an endurance test. Just call me artsy-fartsy, I guess...
default_blush.png
: :lol:

To each his own!
default_cheers.gif
:

Latest posts

Back