My Disneyland Adventures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
So hello everyone! I just got back from a 5 day trip to California with my show choir and I felt the need to tell you all about it. However, I am rather tired and my fingers are sore from my wicked sunburn, so here is what Michelle said about the trip. This is written through her eyes, so it's not all from my point, but we were together the whole time ( and I do mean the WHOLE TIME) so it's pretty close

I'm back. From Disneyland. It's kind of sad, I didn't want to leave... but we had SUCH a blast!!! And you get to hear all about it, you lucky person, you. Anyone else who was there, feel free to fill in anything interesting that I missed ;)

So, the first day (After having to wake up at 3 in the morning to be at the school by 4:30 though I didn't actually get any sleep because I stayed the night at Jamie's and she rambled about her boyfriend all night, and then spending the rest of the morning on busses and planes, which was pretty cool... only not) we spent at La Crescenta High School which is seriously about as big as Berthoud. It's a huge school (or else our town is just uber tiny). Anyhoo, we got to perform for their choir students and listen to them also, which was cool, and we stayed with the students from the school that night. My host family girl's name was Kelley Morrow, and she was awesome. Her family opened their house to all the other host families and our choir students, and they had a hot tub and their neighbors had a pool that they let us use and they had guitar hero and a pool table and it was awesome. The choir students left for Europe that Thursday, the day that we had to meet back at their school at 5:30 which, let me tell you, was awesome. But Kellyer got up and made Katie and I breakfast, which was so sweet.

Second day we got to disneyland at around 8:00 and got to go backstage (where we weren't allowed to take any pictures) and we got to take workshops with some pretty awesome people/ There was a lady named Sjaan (pronounced Shaun) who taught us a dance from the jungle book where we had to act like monkeys, which was a blast. Then we got to sing the Circle of Life from the lion king and recorn ourselves and play it along with the beginning of the movie to see how it sounded along with the images. It was pretty bad, but then it was cool at the same time. Then we got to meet this guy named David, who was in the movie 'The Newsies' which I now have to see. He was awesome. He had 45 minutes for the workshop, and he had only been able to get halfway through it with the other choirs, but because of the way our choir had been so energetic during warm ups, he decided to go really fast and teach us the whole thing. 'Fake it 'til you make it' was what he said, so we got to totally B.S. the parts we didn't remember and it was awesome. We spent the rest of the day in Disneyland/California Adventure, which was soooooooo much fun. I hung out with Jamie and Sonya and Dusti that day, and it was pretty sweet. Oh, and I roomed with Anne and Jamie, which also was cool.

Next day we went to the park around 9 ish, and had to meet at Noon for our competition. It was the most amazing feeling, and after the workshops with Sjaan, Heather and David, we were all super pumped and energetic. And it paid off, because we ended up getting... *drumroll please*.... Second Place! WE were so happy, it was incredible. Sjaan and Heather were both judges, and I think we would have gotten first if David had been too, but instead there was this grumpy guy named Shelby who knew people from Apple Valley High School (they're the ones that won). But whatever. It was awesome anyway. Our choir went out to dinner that night, which was a blast also.

Next day we went to Disneyland at 9 again, and played until 1 when we had to meet to give a performance for Disney's Magic Music Days. Which also was awesome. We had a really squishy and funny shaped stage, and there was a lot of tripping and falling, but it was still awesome. And we spent the rest of the day in Disneyland, but Jamie and I were beat from walking arouns so much the days before. She and her mom were meeting some friends that live out there, so we went to ESPN Zone for Dinner, alond with Caitlin and Hunter and Brenda Skeen and Barbra Owens. I had Salmon, and it was really good. The rest of the choir stayed for a fireworks show that was supposed to happen (though it didn't actually end up happening), and Jamie wasn't feeling well (poor girl), so we went back to the room.

Next day was Sunday, and we went to Sea World! The group that I was with played some carnival games and wom jamie and I each a 3 foot tall stuffed penguin, which was awesome and I love them all for it. They somehow because Debbie and Sahniqua later when Jamie and I went to the bathroom and left them with our group of Bridgies. Whatever. Anyhoo, before that, we went on this ride called Atlantis twice, right at the beginning of the day when there was like no one there, and then we went to lunch and I had ribs which were really good. Then we went on this river raft ride where you get really soaking wet, and then we, brilliant as we are, decided to go on it 5 times in a row. WE were completely drenched, and hadn't brought extra clothes, so after going to see the 4D "r.L. Stein's Haunted Lighthouse' which was really bad, we all found a grassyy hill and lay in the sun for 2 hours to try to dry off. Then we went to this little oceanside shopping area for a few hours, which was pretty cool.

And on our last day, we went to the beach! The Pacific ocean is sooooo cold, but we all got used to it after a while. We weren't allowed any deeper than our knees since there wasn't a lifeguard, but we still managed to have abunch of fun. We found a dead seal on the beach and named him Dinner and gave him a burial and sang the Star Spangled Banner for him, which was very movin. Then we wandered and went shopping a bit. I went to a restaurant called Ruby's Diner with Silas and his mom, and we met up with Caitlin and Hunter there. IT's right at the edge of a pier, and their hamburgers were really good. And we saw real wild dolphins in the water! Then we sunbathed and looked for seashells and I found a starfish but I couldn't tell whether or not it was alive anymore. I gave it to Michael Pond. He likes stuff like that. Then we got on the plane and we sang for the flight attendants and made one of them cry and it was cool.

And now for the pictures...

I am working on uploading the video of us performing to the internet

showchoir.jpg

After we won our 2nd place trophy!

Untitled-2copy.jpg

The seniors with the trophy- I am holding it

Bridgies at the beach!

Untitled-1copy-1.jpg

l_ff332e4eee1fdf70e11fed6f8065e443.jpg

Michelle and I won those penguins! They are about 3 ft tall! You should have seen us trying to get them home!

l_b9911a3d925a6d64610d68329aac1522.jpg

Michelle and I when we first got to L.A.

l_8a5d43a4353929bd593436fedcaa1f79.jpg

l_92d23c4b4619e0646d790e4dcf079f01.jpg

Thats my twin!

So pretty much we died after all the excitement...

l_856963cea3cfe498284bfcddbfa36265.jpg

The hat we colored with ketchup and mustard

l_91e86a09345f8d4d8206bddc0a0ed853.jpg

Model time

l_80d73b8b0da6c5a148d9bc380ea1062a.jpg

l_e919e6bd9be992aede9f832e0eaeb7c5.jpg

Ah, I love the Tiki Room, and I found my family!

l_3a68e9985003027bc54894327f6a4d2b.jpg

I don't know what's going on with my face here...

l_4639f919d7f096b43bd9befea87b8285.jpg

All of us at Seaworld!

l_136e9292f3c3a700f73e2afc37837894.jpg

I have to track down pictures of us performing... that will be coming soon...

Wow Jamie, I got all misty........

These are the incredible memories that you will never forget and still be talking about and reliving 30 years from now...........
default_yes.gif
:

Hey Jamie! So glad you had a blast! Which rides did you like the best? I am here in Anaheim right now and today will be our 3rd day at the parks. My fave ride is the Screamin' rollercoaster...been on it 3 times so far, once in the very front which is awesome!!!! Also love tower of terror and maliboomer!!

Congrats on your 2nd place, too!!!

Latest posts

Back