cat that wont stop meowing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester Farms

Reaction score
i recently moved away from my family into an apartment by myself so i decided to adopt a cat as company. i adopted a 6 month old female two weeks ago. she had an URI when i got her but now is all better. i have taken her to the vet and she is all healthy and just like a young cat should be, the only problem is that she meows constantly. CONSTANTLY!!!!!
default_frusty.gif
: she meows walking around, she meows looking out the window, she meows laying down, looking at the ceiling. constantly. :new_let_it_all_out: first i thought she wanted to go outside, b/c she missed it ( shes an indoor only) but she does it non-stop. i dont understand why. shes healthy, its not her paws, shes not limping, shes eating a drinking and all. whats the problem? its to the point where i just took two motrin, i have a headache. im in a one bedroom apartment so its not like i can get away from her for a while. everytime i get up she follows me so close and run in between my legs and tripps me every time. help! im going insane!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_frusty.gif
:
default_please.gif
:

day1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm 6 month old female..... has she been spayed? It sounds to me like she's in heat...Bgi Time

Anne just a guess

Yup, sounds like a cat in heat. You have two options: spay her or find her a boyfriend. Female cats don't ovulate until they are bred, so.....this could go on for awhile. I suggest spay.

I bet Anne is right. Get her spayed.

And if that does not work, have Bonnie ask kitty why she talks all the time. If she was with other cats before you came and took her to a place where she has no one to talk to (and misses her friends) that could be what's going on. Cats are people too. She might be lonely. If spaying her doesn't hush her up, you might want to get her a friend, learn to talk cat talk to her or get a different kitty that is quiet.

I love cats!
default_yes.gif
:

oooh. she isnt spayed, i have an appointment to take her back to the shelter to get spayed at the end of march. good lord, thats a month away! i hope thats it thought, b/c its driving me nuts!!!

day1a.jpg

Beautiful picture. I would spay her anyway but my brother got a cat from the humane society that did the same thing and she was spayed. I told him she needed a friend and he refused to get another one. He wanted me to take the cat for a week and see what she did. I took it but told him he wasn't going to get it back if I had her for a week. She stopped meowing the day I brought her to my place. I had two small dogs and one other cat. She grew up with my chihuahua and my chihuahua still tries to drag her around by the scruff of her neck even though she's three tiimes her size. I would bet that yours needs company.

Amanda

Back