Cart NOT HAPPY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a business point of view, you are the customer and you are not happy; therefore, the cart manufacturer needs to step up and fix the color problem.

If it were my business, I would want you happy because I want to keep your business and you to send your friends to me. I sure hope this matter is resolved and

I can totally understand how you feel. A thousand dollars is a lot of money to me and I'm not exactly poor.
default_wink.png

BTW, my husband bought me a very similar cart for Christmas that does match. I wonder if it is the same company?

I dont think every wooden item I order needs to mention it might be mismatched, however if the seller knows its mismatched due to using different woods and insufficient stain, I think it should be mentioned before shipping. Its obvious by looking at the pictures that this seller uses to sell the cart that they indeed are capable of making the cart uniform in color. If you purchased an expensive kitchen table that had a different color legs from table top and did not mention being two colored, would you be satisfied?

It's simple did they advertise a picture of this cart? Does it look like that cart? If, not send it back for a full refund. I've ordered an easy entry wood cart, meadowbrook type cart and have an all wood show cart now, with I'm sure different woods used and they all match. Yours is simply unacceptable. Shame on them. I can tell you customer service WILL make or break these guys.

Sending this back again, I am sure it is becoming expensive, are you responsible for the cost of shipping?

I think I would try to talk about a part refund, so you can go buy some stain and try to match it, if possible, just another suggestion that might help.
default_no.gif

Update on cart, They want me to send back the wheels and shafts AGAIN. Also a floor board to try to match. The bad part is they want me to pay for packing materials. I told her my husband had thrown out what they came in this time. I also told her no I could not cover the cost of packing. So she is asking builder to see if he will send some.

This has been very frustrating, I ordered cart beginning of Dec. 2009, now its March 2010. :arg!

Good luck to you. At least they are trying to make it right now. I sure am sorry you have had to go through this.

This has been very frustrating, I ordered cart beginning of Dec. 2009, now its March 2010. :arg!
I don't know what kind of time frame your dealer told you, but in the big scheme of things, that's not that long, especially if it is custom built. When we order parts from the Amish, we try to plan at least 3-6 mo. in advance just to receive the parts. Amish don't work on the same "time frame" as you and I. They might have cow milking, horse trimming, barn cleaning, etc. to do as well during their day. And since they don't generally have electric tools (maybe generator operated), it takes them longer to construct. There may even be a delay in shipping, as they will wait for a load to be going somewhere before they can ship. They rarely do the driving themselves.

I just don't want everyone to think that builders can spit these out in a few hours. We can have 60+ hours in a vehicle and that's after the bentwood and wheels are constructed. And you have to consider time for glue/paint/stain/varnish to dry along the process. (My husband also has a "real" job, so we work on carriages in "hobby" time...)

Myrna

Latest posts

Back