Candy is getting close

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrselady

Reaction score
You know how you get when you know she's close.. you look for any little difference to say just how close you are.. here are a few shots of my little mare, Candy. She started bagging up January 22.. her bag was hard at first then soft for a few days and has been hard ever since. I was able to get a yellow color milk from her on Feb. 4, then they got hard again and she doesnt like us trying it anymore. She's lying down alot more lately, but I'm sure I would be too if I were in her condition
default_yes.gif
I am looking for signs of belly dropping.. she is getting softer above her tailbone and surroundings (almost like jello).

Here is she the end of Dec.

S7300553-1.jpg

and one from 2 weeks ago

S7300193.jpg

and then yesterday's pics

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

(as far as breeding dates .. all we have is the man we got her from had her in with a stud the month before we got her.... at 330 days, she should be going before the 25th)

Thanks,

Mendy

wow she looks really close to me!! sending good thoughts

She is a BEAUTY!!

She looks ready to be done with this pregnancy thing ! LOL

I cant wait to see her baby!!
default_aktion033.gif

Come on Candy , lets have a baby
default_aktion033.gif

She has such a pretty face! Her blue eyes are gorgeous, and her blaze is darling. Good luck with your foaling!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm still in the holding pattern with my 2 girls. what does her valva look like. I'm thinking the mine are looking extended- could be wishful thinking on my part. Delight has had a bag for a long time........my chair sits outside of the 2 stalls at night and during the day I'm in the paddock most of the day with them.like watching a pot boiling..............

To me some days it looks extended.. but I can look again and think its not (and I have pictures to compare to) :DOH! I have a chair in the barn (which you can see in one of the shots ... I keep a phone charged and in the barn at all times... I have my foaling kit ready and I just know I'll have to leave her for a bathroom break and miss it all!! lol I notice that at times she breathes really hard.. and I think oh oh its almost time.. then she settles down and is fine.. My daughter had to have a procedure done at the hospital today and when I came home I checked her again and her bag is REALLY full and still hard.. I could tell she's been rolling in her stall too... but there's that wishful thinking.. lol I'll get some vulva shots and post them.

Mendy

Latest posts

Back