Can she really take me to court????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Cathy is being very kind in how she would handle the situation...I would want to do the same thing if this buyer is sincere about wanting to buy a mini. On the othert hand, if Jean B knows this person well enough to know she was trying to extort money from you, I would let it drop and not have anything more to do with the person. When we are dealing with unknown people and are trusting, it can cause problems. Even contracts don't help, in many cases. Hope it all blows over for you real fast. Mary

This is what I would do -offer to help her find another horse..........
That would be a HUGE mistake as it would open things up again. This person had no intention of ever buying a horse. She was trying to extort money. Plain and simple. Almost as insidious as the Nigerian bank scam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truthfully, I do feel bad for you...and her. You just wanted to sell a horse to a good home. Which you did...but in the process this other person got hurt (emotionally and a little financially for the overnight fees) and didn't get to buy the horse. After all she just wanted to purchase your horse. If you step into her shoes, it is not a pleasant place to be either. She is wrong to have threatened you with a lawsuit but many things are said in anger and disappointment. I hope you forgive her and just let things drop. I also hope she doesn't read this post and realize that it has been brought public.

Latest posts

Back