Can I switch the shafts out?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerace

Reaction score
Hi everyone. It's been ages since I've checked in here. My mini boarders left about a year ago and while I still have 2 ponies, my focus was on my STB and some TB fosters for the last ocuple years. Things have slowed down and now...my STB is retiring and I am shifting my focus to driving the 40" Thellwell style Shetland gelding now.

I have a horse sized easy entry cart with 24" whels. Can I switch out the shafts for pony sized? And if so, where do I order some? As I type this I realized that I live near Shipshewana Cart and Harness so I can call them....but in the meantime, is this possible? I did internet searches but just kept coming up with carts. No shafts that were sold seperately.

I am hoping this is possible because there is no money to buy another cart
default_sad.png
. AND...I have a 53" POA who is in line to learn to drive so it would be super if all I had to do is switch the shafts and wheels if necassary.

Oh, it is a 40" wide seat.

Thanks for any advice!

Well, I just found the answer by calling our local dealer (I was anxious when I posted last night!). He said we could buy pony sized shafts, "or just cut them down to 60". I'm not sure which I'll do.

Yep, lots of EE type carts can be switched out (tires and shafts). Tons cheaper than buying a whole new cart, but a pain if you are driving two different size horses at the same time.

Latest posts

Back