Can I see your trailers...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Dan

Reaction score
Can I see your trailers, I really need one. I have two minis, I dont breed, I dont show, I just want one to take them places and incase of and emegercency, such as a fire or whatever. If you could, mI would like to see the inside and out side, now mind you, I am 5 10 and 1/2" tall and still growing, so it cant be tiny inside. But I would like to see everyones just for ideas. My mare and gelding are mother and son, so can be loose in a trailer, but I would prefer dividers so they can brace themselves during travel, so if I could also see your dividers that would be fabulous. Thanks a bundle.

Dan

Our trailer is not fancy but we make it work and it is set up kind of neat. We purchased it as just a regular bumper pull stock trailer and dad went in and put in miniature / pony dividers in the back, We can haul 5-7 ponies. Dad put in a wall and upfront set up a sleeping area with two small beds, lights, A/C, mirror ext and left plenty of room for tack and to hang things up. There is plenty of room in the front for 2-3 people. Normally my nephew and I slept on the two beds and then dad put an air mattress in the floor in between and it worked out great for us, even all week at Congress this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC01137.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

Here is a trailer we converted a few years ago. PE Gates that swing both ways and dont' splinter. Put them in my new trailer also.

These are H's and my mini horse trailers. I love them both
default_smile.png

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20012.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20085.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20020.jpg

Mini%20Trailer%20and%20Truck%20--%2001272006%20--%20008.jpg

Truck%20and%20little%20mini%20trailer%20--%2007232006%20--%208.jpg

Ruffian

do you have more photos of your interior? We have a 5 ft wide BP that we want to convert to three stalls like you have. I cant use a regular divider like Jill has as there is a middle post in the rear at the door. ( a five foot divider will not clear it enough to allow a horse to pass)

Your solution looks like it would work

there is a middle post in the rear at the door
Some of those posts are made to be removable. The one on my newest trailer just snaps in and out with a flick of a lever at the top. You could have your trailer modified to do this quite easily. I have the tack area up front, and with this post out of the way, I can put my carts up there too.

Here is our trailer (for the moment, it is up for sale
default_biggrin.png
we ordered another from the same company only larger) this one will hold six minis and has a 4 foot tack area. Lots of room for our stuff, it just does not hold over shetlands
default_no.gif

trailer-outside

trailer-inside

Here is our trailer (for the moment, it is up for sale
default_biggrin.png
we ordered another from the same company only larger) this one will hold six minis and has a 4 foot tack area. Lots of room for our stuff, it just does not hold over shetlands
default_no.gif
trailer-outside

trailer-inside
LOL it still amazes me how much stuff you guys can fit into that tack room!!!

It sure is entertaining to watch!

So you were the one that was laughing at us at, was it Carthage? this summer?
default_biggrin.png
We do carry a lot of stuff, every time I try to downsize our show stuff the hubby comes up with something else to take.
default_rolleyes.gif

Ruffian.

I really like your trailer, that's exactly what Im looking for!!!

Is it easy to clean??? That would be perfect for my horses.

Thanks everyone for posting, keep them coming

I have something, but its not a trailer. It is a hauler by bob, it goes in the back of my pick up truck, and hauls 2 minis, you can get them up to I think 5 horse now? I bought mine used, and you would never know it!

2c_O.jpg

2d.jpg

2c.jpg

2b_sm.jpg

I got the dividers from Darin Southwick. He's the distributor for High Country Plastics. They are pasture gates and are fantastic. They are extremely durable and safe. I powerwash them at the end of the season, and they look like new. The pin hinges come with the gates, the latches - which I highly recommend - are purchased separately. The latches are 2-way, so the gates can swing both ways. I've put them in 3 trailers now and would do so again if I changed trailers.

Here are photos of my new trailer - the gates haven't been washed yet. They clean up looking almost like new. However, I would probably go with the green next time.

horsetrailer00004.jpg
The gates in my 3H slant.

horsetrailer00003.jpg
Pin hinges

th_horsetrailer00002.jpg
Latch.

Here's our little trailer!
default_wub.png
We love it!
default_biggrin.png

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

This is an old two horse tagalog. The middle divider was removed but the rear "post" is part of the frame work and is what the doors fasten to.

there is a middle post in the rear at the door
Some of those posts are made to be removable.
Ruffian, how wide is your trailer?

Here is my trailer, I bought it last year second hand and it had already been converted for minis. It has lots of room at the front for stuff and it has a dressing room in the nose plus it fits 3 minis 4 at a pinch. The only thing we did is to lower the partitions, the people that we bought it from had shetlands so our minis were getting under the dividers.

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02326.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

Yvonne

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

BackDoorOpenWebSiteCopy.jpg

This is our gooseneck trailer that we have to haul 6 miniatures or 6 shetlands and it has a rubber flooring and sides, a carpeted dressing room and roof rack for carts or hay and the better suspension underneath. We show miniatures and also have Classic and Modern shetlands that also fit into this trailer without any trouble.

We had ordered it custom made for our needs and it tows wonderful and using it cut our fuel usage way down compared to our bumper pull that was a 4 regular sized horse aluminum trailer. If we take our viceroy along we can take slants out and put it up front but can only haul 4 horses then.

Thanks for all of the trailer idead guys
default_saludando.gif

keep them coming. WWMinis, I love you trailer. would you mind showing me the inside???

I just have a TB height extra wide 2 horse trailer. On each side I put 2 horses. One facing front and one facing backwards. They don't seem to mind. It works for us. I wonder if I could convert it to a 4 slant.

Kayla I love your horse hauler.. if I had a truck and they made them for B horses I would want one.. seems like such a quick and easy way to get places.

Latest posts

Back