Can I see Pictures of Really fine boned yearlings, please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsefeathers

Reaction score
We've been gone a while, glad to be back! We finally got a chance to shave one of our yearlings and though we watched his weight like a hawk all winter, he was a bit thin when we shaved him. After shaving him though, he isn't sweating his weight off in the heat and humidity down here anymore, and he is getting up to a nice weight, and is steadily blooming. Anyway, he is very fine boned and streamline, I'd like to see other yearlings that are streamline, I know there are some out there, as I've seen a few at shows...anyway, Thanks!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion (or through my eyes!), my yearling filly, Harrells Flirting With Perfection, is pretty refined. She's a 31.5" yearling silver buckskin filly with Buckeroo and Rowdy breeding. She's been lunged a tiny bit but never sweated. In this picture, she had done nothing but "hang around" (no lunging) for about two weeks prior.

Flirt%20--%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20100%20Touched.jpg

FLIRT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20079.jpg

beautiful horse jill :new_shocked:

I have two mares that look the same now as three year olds as they did as yearlings. they are both very refined IMO.

First is Little Miss, she is currently 27.5" and 3 years old and looks the same as her yearling picture

littlemiss1sm.jpg

the second is Analisa, she is 29" and still very fine boned, even more so than Little Miss. We currently are showing her half sister who is just as refined as she is, just a different color.

analisa2sm.jpg

Thanks, Cara
default_smile.png

Flirt was just 3 days old when I bought her and it is something I'm happy I did!!!

I think when she's old enough, she will make a great wife to my stallions, DunIT and Destiny
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Here is my yearling gelding, he is very refined and measures 31"

bethany_1_250x159.jpg

bondini.jpg

Here's our little weanling filly, Loess Hills Aces Silk N Sassy........she has the fine-boned tiniest legs I've seen!

silkybackprofilefg6.jpg

And then our Cowboy (25") daughter, Relfections Wings CBY, who's showing this year as a 26 1/4" yearling, has such petite refinement in her legs and neck. We think she is the cat's meow! And, of course, we're not a bit prejudiced!!!!!! :bgrin :bgrin

wingsandadam3qg2.jpg

Our yearling Filly River Wood's Rapid Back In Black that we just sold to Novia Scotia

DSC_0100.jpg

Oops sorry its so large :new_shocked:

This is Windy..... when she was a yearling.

We think she is "beautifully refined"
default_smile.png

(But then, we are just a little biased..... and probably barn-blind, too :bgrin )

windy-refined%20filly.JPG

Heres black as a yearling (it took forever to get weight on him as he hit a yearling growth spurt)

blackandsarahCrop-380x298.jpg

blackatnationslCrop-323x195.jpg

one of my finest boned mares at age 3

moonlightshow_new_2_.jpg

These are also good examples, in my opinion. We all have a different point of view on what is refined as there's a range of type pictured in this thread, but here's some more input from me from my point of view.

Here is the stallion I co-own with Erica, Erica's Echos of My Destiny. He's currently a 3yo stallion w/ his Halter Hall of Fame, Multi National Top Ten, Five and Three, Many time champion and grand champion in both registries. He's pictured here as a yearling, and is a grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Bucke Echo. As a 3yo, he's about 32.5"

Destiny%20--%20Pro%20Picture%20--%20052005%20--%2014.jpg
above as a yearling

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20004.jpg

above currently as a 3yo
Then this is my stallion, Erica's Gone and DunIT. DunIT is currently a 2yo but he hasn't grown an inch since a yearling. Stands 31" tall and is also National Top 10 out of a huge open halter class, and AMHA Honor Roll (halter). He's a multi champion. Grandson of both Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (BTU) and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and a great grandson of Egyptian King...

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20DunIT%20--%20106.jpg

above as a yearling

DunIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20170.jpg

pictured above currently as a 2yo
Then, here's nothing fancy in terms of pictures, but this is a yearling filly I own pictured prior to shedding off completely -- Fantasy Corrals Secret Treasure. Her breeding is loosely similar to DunIT's with Buckeroo on the top, and Egyptian King on the bottom.

TREASURE%20Horses%20--%2005202007%20--%20008.jpg
above currently as a yearling.
And, here I think is the last one I have yearling pictures of that fits the catagory. This is my favorite horse, my B division show gelding, Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold, pictured as a yearling at Erica's, and then as a 3yo in my front yard. He is a SON of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (BTU) and has the most heart of any horse I own.

Pal-2.jpg
pictured above as a yearling at Erica's

BACARDI%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20136.jpg

pictured above currently as a 3yo

This is my filly Semi as a yearling. She is now almost three and just as petite.

My filly from last year (Little Anna) is very refined.. but is really in a gawky place right now...

a picture of her right now is not nice... :eek: LOL

The next picture is my Stallion Little John as a yearling. (my avatar) He is now 4 and refined

although pretty chubby.

Nice yearlings you guys
default_wub.png
:

Karen,, Miss is just the most awesome little thing!

SEMI2web.jpg

1413-ARION-06041WEB.jpg

Well I think my little girl is about as refined and tiny as they come and is still leggy. Her legs are not shaved from above the knees on down in these pictures, they are much more tiny under all that hair.

She was 26 " at 12 mths old. I love her looks and wild color but thats too small for me, I know lots of others love them tiny though
default_yes.gif
:

skci06sdhdawayAD.jpg

skittlcisco06trotbacksideNICEHead.jpg

Like Kay and her stallion, we had trouble putting weight on our finest boned yearling. She was 35"--huge for us--and naturally svelte (like her sire). Here is Kiss as a yearling:

kissright.jpg

And Kiss as a two year old:

kissleft717.jpg

No ribs, no spiny backbone, this is just the way her sire makes them. Here is our only '06 foal, from the same sire:

charlieclipstanding.jpg

Now I have a new one coming that took my breath away...but I'm not posting pics until they cash the check.
default_wub.png
:

you know tiff i always loved kiss
default_smile.png
such a beautiful mare and yes that is a fine boned mare!! Its been my experience that the fine boned ones take a little longer to mature and bloom but once they do wow watch out!

Here is my yearling over gelding, Irish Hills Toys In The Attic. In these pictures Toy was taken straight out of the pasture, no conditioning/sweating.

toyboy.jpg

toy0520.jpg

Here is 2 Blue For U, he looked like a little fawn when he was born....so delicate. Sorry his legs are not trimmed!

2Blue.jpg

OK, I guess I need to know the definition of fine boned as I would consider that bone structure and not having to sweat a horse to get fine boned. Either they are or aren't so technically what is fine boned?

Amanda

Latest posts

Back