Can anyone gove me an idea of what colour I will get

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conundrum

Reaction score
I have a minimal pinto silver dapple stallion who has two blue eyes. He covered four mares last year, one black, with a black background. One black with a spotted background (but no obvious characteristics but has produced spots to a spotted stallion) One bay, and one blue dun, with a spotted sire ..she has also produced a spotted foal.

I would love to have some idea of what he may produce.

[SIZE=14pt]Silver Dapple is a black that has been augmented by the silver. It all depends on if he is a non red factored black or not. You can get blacks, silvers, silver bay, silver chestnuts, maybe spotty maybe not depending on how strong the appy is.[/SIZE]

Lyn

As Lyn has said Silver Black is exactly that Silver + Black.

Silver does not show on Red so any red foals you get may or may not carry Silver- you will only ever know by breeding.

I bred two blacks together last year and got a BRIGHT "Ginger" foal- so, it can most certainly happen!!!

Apart from that, Silver can dilute any of the base colours you have mentioned, or may not, you have a 50/50 chance- I got two Silvers from five foals last year.

You could of course get Pinto.

You will not get Appy except from Appy mares.

Latest posts

Back