Can-Am Classic Next Weekend!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5StarRanch

Reaction score
Hello all. I am counting down the days to Can-Am!!! This will be my first mini show in ummm........well, a lot of years, we are talking double digits :) After a nasty "big horse" accident last year, we have decided that we should have never left the mini world. Really excited to be doing the "mother-daughter" show thing again too.

We will be there with a two year old stallion, for ammy and open as well as a Sr Gelding for both as well.............AND.........the really exciting part is that I will be bringing my long awaited all around horse home with me!!!!! Will do his unveiling when I get home and introduce him to ya'll.

Who else is going?

We will be there with 2 horses but only one is showing. The other is just a baby sitter. We will be there with our new trailer ( Toy hauler converted for minis). We have had to make some last minute changes, I'm on cruches so my wife will show in amature and Cherie Smith will show for us in open and I will have to pull my filly out of the AOTE class for the rest of the year. Stop by and say Hi! I wont be that had to spot falling around on my walking sticks.

Hope those who are going will post pictures after the show, for those that are not!!
default_wink.png

I know Amy and I will be down at Happ's (her showing, me watching/volunteering) but good luck!

Leia

I won't be showing, but will be there Saturday to say hi and cheer friends on.

Bill, what happened?????

Kari

OOOOOH I am so excited!!!

OK, so you must all stop by our stalls and say hello. Some of you maybe I have met, most maybe not. I used to show minis about 12 years ago, as a youth, so am so looking forward to getting back into it and meeting all the new faces. Not sure how to tell you to recognize me except that part of the time I will probably be being towed around by a very sweet BullMastiff dog. She goes everywhere with me.

I am Nickie Gunther and my Mom is Susie, so feel free to say hello!!!!!

Hey Nickie! Can't wait to meet you and your Mom! We will be in the same classes, maybe! Our two year old colt will be with my daughter showing AOTE, ammy and Jr stallions 31-33"s open. And I will be showing in senior geldings 32-34"s , aote and ammy with Falcon.

We are Kim and Hilary and will be around our friends at Gallery Training Center.

Hope to see you! And everyone else too!!!!

Hi Kim and Hilary!!!! OK, I think that my Mom showed me pics of your gelding at the Elma show from this year? She said that was in our gelding RB's class, LOL. I told her we didn't have a prayer! What a pretty boy he is!!!! Yes, we will be in Sr Geldings 32-34, and my Mom will be in your Ammy class too. The colt that we are bringing, not sure if he will be under 31, I think that he will, but will be in open and ammy too. I will definately say hi!!!!!

Hey Nickie! Can't wait to meet you and your Mom! We will be in the same classes, maybe! Our two year old colt will be with my daughter showing AOTE, ammy and Jr stallions 31-33"s open. And I will be showing in senior geldings 32-34"s , aote and ammy with Falcon.
We are Kim and Hilary and will be around our friends at Gallery Training Center.

Hope to see you! And everyone else too!!!!

hey I will be there too!!!!! showing this weekend in cloverdale bc and then a quick turn around to head south with 8 horses ahhhhh show season has officially begun!!! keep an eye out for the pink horse lol!!!!

Taylor

Will be looking to meet you Taylor also!

Yes, Falcon couldn't place at Elma to save his soul! But he is our buddy so will take him to this show too. He would rather drive or do obsticle but I am not into those things really. We just drive at home.

Where are you guys located?

Will definately be looking for the pink horse! :)

I live in Walla Walla, WA and my Mom is up in the hills above Walla Walla.

It is about a 7 hour drive for us, but we will be there Thursday afternoon. Have to get a "clipping" lesson as I have never used the 50 blades before and just know I am going to hash some heads :)

So look for the girl freaking out with the clippers, that will be me
default_wacko.png

We are packed, excited, sleep deprived, worn out, and did I mention EXCITED?!?! Will be heading out about 5:30 AM tomorrow. Hope everyone has a safe drive. We will see you all there!!!!

Us too! My last day of work was yesterday for the summer. I work in a high school kitchen. So we are ready. My daughter and I were clipping our horses at the same time yesterday! Fun to have found an extra used set of double Ks!

Mister is already dirty looking, since he is mainly white. Oh well. He will get plenty of baths I am sure.

Can't wait to get there. We will get there this evening sometime!

Hey Nickie!

I moved to Wyoming about 5 years ago, but Kathy is still showing miniatures and shetlands in the NW.

I still go to hockey games, but it's the Colorado Avalanche instead of the Portland Winterhawks. Tell your Mom hi!

Jean Howard

Hey Nickie,, all rested up???

It was great to meet you and your Mom! We had a great time. Falcon still couldn't seem to place but oh well. I think it is his handler!!!! HeeHee.

JEAN!!!! It is so good to hear from you!!! Hope things are goin well! This was my first mini show in almost twelve years (can you believe that?) and I had a blast! Of course Mom did too. We felt like a couple of newbies and definately have some stuff to re-learn and new stuff to figure out, but sure had a good time!

Kim.....you guys did great out there!!! Better than we did! LOL. But we still had an awesome show. It was really good to meet you guys and can't wait to visit with you some more. I am ALMOST caught up on rest. We didnt get home til yesterday about 9:pm so early to bed for me tonight! LOL

Latest posts

Back