Caitie is eight months old!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jenn

Eight month newsletter

caitlin10302006-008tn.jpg

This was our eighth month together. You are so much fun now that the month just flew by before we even noticed!

caitlin11062006-003.jpg

Maybe it’s because we’re all getting a lot more sleep now. You’re finally sleeping through the night, though it took some effort on both our parts!

caitlin10302006-016.jpg

You love to play this month – with us, with your toys, and with the cute baby in the mirror. Your favorite food in the whole world is cheerios and just a few days ago, you developed a pincher grasp, so you can get them into your own mouth now. It’s very impressive, and you’re so proud when you do it! You also like carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pureed spaghetti, Baby MumMum cookies and all fruits. You love yogurt, too.

caitlin10252006-005.jpg

This month you went with us to Edmonton and also to Calgary to help celebrate your great-grandparents’ 50th anniversary. You were very good for both trips!

caitlin10172006-004.jpg

You continue to grow at an astonishing rate. Your hair is getting so long and thick and your eyes are the most beautiful blue. You still only have two teeth. You’re wearing mostly 12 month sizes now.

caitlin11012006-010.jpg

You get stronger and more active every day, too. You’re not crawling yet, but sometimes it looks like you’re about to! You can sit up on your own for long periods of time (when you feel like it) and you love to stand and bounce.

caitlin10212006-019.jpg

This month, you learned how to say “Dada.†When I say “Say ‘Mama’,†you smile at me and say “Dada.†Little traitor! But it makes your daddy happy. You also say “yaya.â€

caitlin11082006-010.jpg

Your favorite toys are your pig rattle, your annoying play phone and your Baby Ernie doll. And of course, mama and daddy.

caitlin11012006-016.jpg

Your personality develops more and more everyday. You’re a little bit evil, but you love to make people laugh and to laugh on your own. You are definitely a busy little thing!

okotoks11052006-058.jpg

When we were at Grandma’s house, you had a couple of firsts … your first horseback ride and the first time you petted a cat. You rode Redi-Mitz with Grace, and she was very sweet with you – she held you so you wouldn’t fall off. You weren’t so sure about petting the cat.

okotoks11052006-122.jpg

At the 50th anniversary celebration, we snapped a quick picture with all five generations. I don’t know if you know how special you are, but you are the fifth generation in a purely maternal line. That’s pretty rare! And I have to say, it’s a line of pretty incredible women.

caitlin11042006-003.jpg

We all know, already, that you’re going to be just as amazing as your mama, grandma, great grandma and great-great grandma. With such good role models, you’re not going to be able to help it!

Love,

Mama

caitlin11082006-035.jpg

caitlin11082006-039.jpg

Ooooh Jenifer I LOVE your monthly newsletters! Caitie is absoloutly drop dead gorgeous!!! Man those eyes :new_shocked: You sound like a wonderful mother and I know she will thank you for keeping such wondeful records of her childhood.

Take care and hug that beautiful little girl for me.

Helen

Thanks! I think she's pretty special, but it's always nice to hear it!

I missed posting her seven month newsletter here on LB, I was recovering from surgery and then just never got around to it.

Oh, and I weighed and measured her the other day after she got her flu shot (man, I love free health care!) and she is 28" long and 20 lbs. 5 oz. - so about 90% for height and about 75% for weight. She tends to grow like an inchworm, so no doubt in a couple of weeks she'll catch up to her height. And she has a big giant head - over 18". Her cousin, who is two, has a 19" head! (No wonder it hurt so much to give birth to her!)

I also became an aunt for the 11th time last night - my brother's wife gave birth to their second child, a boy, and he's super cute.

Oh she's so lovely and don't they just grow up way too fast! Keep her close, make her slow down. I love how you enjoy every second. :aktion033:

Catie pictures always bring a smile to my face
default_smile.png
I especially love the one of her looking in the mirror.
default_wub.png
:

The journals you are keeping of her growing up will surely be a treasure to her when she is older Jenn, as well as to you. They do change soooo fast.

What a cute newsletter!

I'm dreaming of the days of where I can get a whole night sleep again. LOL
default_wacko.png
:

I just love these!

Thanks for sharing her and your happiness and joy in her.

I am just astounded by the five generation shot! All you girls look so young and pretty!

:D

Of course, I am she of little family (blood relation), so I am in awe anyway, that you've all managed to stay friends. *LOL*

Just awesome!

What a cutie!

Liz M.

L-R, our ages are: 92, 70ish, 48, 26 and 8 months.

But we like to look young! It's the (mostly) clean living - no booze, no drugs, no smoking. My mom doesn't even touch caffeine.

Back