Bruno

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.E.F.

Reaction score
I just wanted to give an undate on the Min-Pin we have. This little guy was abandoned by his Mother at 5 weeks old, then I had to take him to the Vet. He had coccidia, a very bad case, we have been doing the medicine thing now for 3 days he has 2 more to go. Mercy!!! has he changes he is no longer the calm relaxed little creature, he now chases butterflys, attacks grasswaving in the wind, and most of all loves to jump on the ankles and go for a ride. I told this to warn anyone with a puppy please have the pup checked for coccidia. this parasite can kill your pup. We got Bruno to the vet soon enough but at about 2 pounds he would not of lasted much longer. the medicine is not expensive, nor is the test. It cost me only $20.00.

This saved his life, and now he is a ball of fire. I cant believe the change in him, he is now eating better and gaining weight. He is now a great big 2lbs and 2 ozs.

I didnt want to lecture about this just to pass on the information and warning.

When I got my Fia..I paid way too much for her but there she sat in the back of the kennel in cage in the dark and those 2 wee button eyes captured me. She had coccidia and giardia AND kennel cough (bordetella)...after a bunch of money and time she got well also.

Always ask your vet to check for these. Not all vets know to recognize giardia. My vet was very excited when he found Fia's and stopped the office so each tech could see it and recognize it. Giardia is also called "beaver fever".

Glad your "Bruno" will be fine. Bout time for some new pics eh?

I am happy he is feeling good and that it was a pretty easy fix!

Years ago, we got a shih-tzu puppy named Willow. We picked her because she was so laid back. Well, she was laid back because she was getting ready to get very sick and almost die of some unknown virus (was not parvo, but was horrible). She spent a lot of quality time with the vet and the vet bill was up there but the most important thing is we still have her! And she was a WILD woman after she recovered. She has her own rhyme, too... Little Willow who almost died, we so happy you alive
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Hopefully your little ankle biter will bring you as much joy as Willow the Wild brings us!!!

Latest posts

Back