Bought a New Digital Camera Does Anyone have a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlenehorse

Reaction score
I am not the most techincal person around and I have a few questions about this camera. I love it already but when you press the button to take the picture there is about a 2-3 delay it is not instant. Can this setting be changed to instant? I can't seem to find it in the book. Also what setting is the best for recording pixels (large - 2816 x 2112) (medium 1 - 2272 x 1704) (medium 2 - 1600 x 1200)

(small - 640 x 480). I just need to know from your trial and error which takes the best pictures.

Thanks Carlene

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Canon PowerShot S3 IS and love it. I have a 2gig memory card for it and have noticed that the fuller the card is, the longer it takes to process each picture. It does take the picture nearly instantly when I press the button, though (but I have to wait for it to be ready as the card gets full).

OK Jill my card is completely empty so do you know why the picture does not snap instantly?

Carlene

Maybe you can find some help here

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022110canonsd700is.asp

I have a Canon, if you turn off the "preview" option and turn the setting to continious shooting, it may help. Also saves on the battery life. As to the size of the picture, it depends what you plan on doing with them, the lager the image you save it as the better the picture quality (in pixels) for printing out and making larger prints.

Sorry, I don't know why. Mine's the same brand but a different model. It does not snap instantly but it's like a half a second or something. It is very fast. The main reason I got a new digital camera was my old one would take to long to capture the shot... I'd have the horses set up great with happy faces and ears but by the time the camera got the shot, they had their ears back and scowling.

Oh, I did just have a thought! How big is your memory card? If it is fairly small then it may be doing like mine does when it's getting full? I'm thinking if you are by chance using the card that came with it, it probably is only made to hold a small number so maybe to the camera, it's almost like it's full (since it has only a little space)?

Brand new card so it can't be that. I will play with it somemore and see I think the setting and not right. I will find it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Farmhand I have it set on continous and I love this camera already.

Carlene

ROTFL, and you talk about me???Better get it right before saturday. Remember mine has a delay, too. I have yet to change that setting. I keep forgetting, LOL. WE will bring mine just in case to the show.

Do you have the preview turned off? If you have it on continous it should keep taking picturs as long as you are holding the button down. I have to reset mine everytime I turn the camera on and off. There is a little icon in set up for single or rapid.

Farmhand I am not sure on the preview. I know that I have set it on continous and have left it on continous so do you mean take it off continous?

Thanks Carlene

Alicia

At least I can find my camera. This is a standing joke with us she can never find her camera. She even lost one before and it has never been found. LOL

Thanks for all the help I am going to a horse show this weekend and we shall see how I and the camera operate. LOL

Carlene

Latest posts

Back