Bone-Deep Wounds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipsqueak Paddocks

Reaction score
Hiya... a lot of folks find Magpie's story very interesting, so I thought I'd share it with everyone here too.

Magpie and Meadowlark came to us on December 5th, 2011. Magpie had some extreme injuries to her hind legs. Gashes that had been left untreated for three weeks, exposing tendons and bone. We had to put her friend Meadowlark down that day, so we decided to give Magpie a fighting chance. The support has been phenomenal and she is doing terrific!

I have photos of her healing journey that can be accessed here: www.PipsqueakPaddocks.com/Magpie

Last edited by a moderator:
Becky, you've done phenominal work with Magpies recovery. You and your vet deserve
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wow you've done a great job with her. Keep up the good work. She's a lucky girl thanks to you.

Bless your heart! Its amazing that you have been able to work with her and rehabilitate her to this degree. She looks really good and she is healing up nicely. Thank you for what you do. Love your website!

Thank you. Magpie really makes it "easy" though. She is a real trooper. She'll stand through anything for a few cookies. LOL
wub.gif

I expect she'll be running free by summertime - what a sight that will be!
aktion033.gif

Well... it's been nearly four months and Magpie is now unwrapped! Plenty of healing left to do, but she is out of the woods!

New pictures of the wounds are up here... www.PipsqueakPaddocks.com/graphic

There's new pictures of her cute self here... www.PipsqueakPaddocks.com/Magpie

wow you all are great. she looks so great. thank you all for being so caring
default_smile.png

Bec, you've done wonders with magpie. She's lucky she found you.

Wow she looks wonderful. It is amazing to see the progress she has made and equally as wonderful that you have documented it through pictures. A great insoiration to others and a great learning tool.

Thank you for giving Meadowlark one day of love. Thank you for giving Magpie her chance!

RIP Meadowlark.

What a great video, thanks for posting this. Aside from the obvious healing of her wounds, her coat is so glossy and healthy looking and her spirit is intact! I love how she picks that tail up and happily trots along. Great job and bless you for the work you do.

A very sad story with a beautiful ending! You have done an amazing job with Magpie! I am so thankful she will get to spend the rest of her life living healthy and loved!!!!

Awwwwww...You all are awesome! Magpie is so lucky to have ended up at Pipsqueak Paddocks after such a horrific life....

Latest posts

Back