Bond Peppy Power @ 24 years young

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBrown

Reaction score
We had Liz taking photographs this summer and decided to shoot some photos of the great stallion Bond Peppy Power. He had a great time showing off! Photos turned out great so thought I'd share them. He is in so many pedigrees a lot of you might enjoy seeing him. Unless you've read the book on "Historical Stallions" only a few know the story of how we purchased him about 4 years ago and found he had cancer so we've been unable to get any foals from him. We do have adult daughter of Peppy in our herd, the mare shown below on the far right. One of the photos below is her 2006 filly with grandpa Peppy. We tried for a 3-generation picture but the mare was in season and Peppy is all stallion, so that didn't work :lol:

Enjoy!

Peppy250.jpg
Peppy190.jpg

CoverGirlandPeppy.jpg
Bobbi200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Sharman,

The grand old boy is looking good to be 24 years young!

Karen

:aktion033: I just love
default_wub.png
: that stallion. He's looking so good! THANK YOU for sharing the photo's with us!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks for sharing your piece of mini history. He is simply beautiful and you would never guess he is 24!! :new_shocked: I LOVE Cover Girl!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for sharing such beautiful picture of such a beautiful stallion. You would never guess him to be 24 years old, he's magnificent. We own one of his grandaughters, she is a grullo and we feel very fortunate to have her.

He's holding up pretty good for an old man LOL. I did not know he had cancer, what a shame. I'm glad he's got a good home. We have a Peppy Power daughter that I wouldn't trade for the world. Bought her dam in foal from Lynn Bearden years ago and she was the first miniature foal we raised. She has been a Central Regional Champion, Honor Roll Champion, and dam herself to a two time World Champion mare.

Jan

Greeting from his granson Armani (avatar) here in Holland.
default_wink.png
:

He has got his grandsires eyes!

Thanks for sharing! :aktion033:

Btw that mare is silver-bay, not chestnut.
default_wink.png
:

Thank you for sharing those photos........He looks wonderful.

MA

Thank you so much for giving that grand old man the kind of home he deserves and for sharing his pictures with us! We have a Bond Peppy Power son that for years was our best ambassador--a grand champion halter and performance horse, a parade horse, and an old pro at exhibitions. You would never guess he's 18 years old. My avatar is his 2006 colt.

Peppy is lookin' good Sharman! And Congrats on your Nationals! I knew those two would do well.

Bond Peppy Power has put his mark on the Miniature Horse world. I too own one of his granddaughters. Her 2006 colt , Waconda Valley's Power Buck's , is a testimony to what a great stallion he is. He just won a Supreme Halter Champion as a weanling.

Thank you for giving him a good home. He truly is a historical stallion.

I have a Bond Peppy Power granddaughter and love her to pieces. Her sire is NFC Peppys Playmate.

He certanly looks great for his age.

Joyce L

Wow, he looks awsome!

We have a son, been trying to sell him with no luck, but I have to say we have been so pleased with his foals. All have been athletic, wonderful movers and some have had great success as driving horses!

Glad to see the old man looking so good!

Very pretty old guy.
default_smile.png

Cool that you could get some beautiful photos of him for all of us to enjoy. I don't have him in any of my horses' pedigrees, but I would be proud to own one of his descendants.

Thank you for sharing and thank you for caring for him and giving him a happy old age.

Liz M.

Wonderful pictures of a beautiful horse. When I saw you, you were talking of treatments and hoping to eventually get some foals from him. Any chance of this happening or have you given up hope? I would so like to see some more offspring from him.

Peppy looks AWESOME! :new_shocked: WOW! I think he looks better than ever.

His granddaughter is to die for!
default_wub.png
: That photo of her and Peppy says it all! What a beautiful family!

Latest posts

Back