"Blue Hors Matine Is No More"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Many of you will remember her from this video:

bluehorsemartine5.jpg

News Article Link: http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=15696

[SIZE=12pt]Dressage Star Blue Hors Matine Euthanized [/SIZE]

Dressage mare Blue Hors Matine, whose dressage freestyle at the 2006 World Equestrian Games in Aachen became an Internet video sensation, was euthanized today after breaking a leg in a paddock accident, Horse and Hound reported.

The 13-year-old Dutch mare was ridden by Andreas Helgstrand. She was retired from competition following a tendon injury at the Las Vegas World Cup in 2007.

Blue Hors Stud Director Esben Moller said in a statement Matine broke her right forelimb at the knee while out in her pasture.

The YouTube video of her 2006 WEG freestyle has received nearly 10 million views.

This beautiful mare choked me up every time I watched the video. Such sad news.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a terrible loss. Not only for those who loved her but also for those who admired her (and who wouldn't). I'm sure dressage people worldwide are sorry to see her go.

Such a sad, horrible loss. A true once-in-a-lifetime horse. She was spectacular to watch - always gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes.

RIP Matine!
default_pray.gif

What a terrible loss
default_no.gif
She was an amazing horse...

Liz R.

Oh no!! I have watched that video a lot of times, I loved her. She was just beautiful!! How very sad
default_bye-sad.gif

It's so sad
default_no.gif
She was so beautiful and talented. I have watched her videos tons of times, she is going to be truly missed. RIP Matine

default_new_shocked.gif

OMG.....I LOVED that mare....she was sooooooo talented.....what a horrible loss....I am sooo sorry to hear this

I remember seeing her for the first time at WEG that year....took my breath away...

~kathryn

Fantastic horse.

This just shows how fragile horses can be. She joins other fabulous horses who had to be euthanized because of paddock injuries.

God speed, Matine.

Latest posts

Back