Amazing Mare - Dressage

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
This mare is simply amazing, breath taking, awesome. I could watch this clip a million times and not get bored! You'll smile the whole time! :aktion033:

"This video is of Andreas Helgstrand and his 9 year-old mare, Matinee, at the World Equestrian

Games. It is the Musical Freestyle Dressage competition, and they wiped out the competition. Turn up the sound, and watch this mare dance... she is amazing...and she knows where the beat is."

Video

I bet that took more then a couple of hours of training
default_yes.gif
: :eek:

Actually she came second in this competition, she lost points due to her tail movement. She would have won if she didn't swish her tail so much. :eek:

This mare is simply amazing, breath taking, awesome. I could watch this clip a million times and not get bored! You'll smile the whole time! :aktion033:

"This video is of Andreas Helgstrand and his 9 year-old mare, Matinee, at the World Equestrian

Games. It is the Musical Freestyle Dressage competition, and they wiped out the competition. Turn up the sound, and watch this mare dance... she is amazing...and she knows where the beat is."

Video

There are more videos of Andreas on Youtube. He is an awesome rider. He rides some great horses. And...not half bad looking either
default_wub.png
:

I too have watched this a million times and will watch it a million more! I never get tired of it. I am just totally in awe every time I watch it!

Actually she came second in this competition, she lost points due to her tail movement. She would have won if she didn't swish her tail so much. :eek:
Actually....had Andreas had someone who could actually put a freestyle together....she may have won! That freestyle was horribly put together, whoever picked that music has rocks in their head....especially compared to Anky van Grunsven, whose music is created by her to suit each gait of the horse she is riding!!! I know, I know, how many people can pay to have an orchestra record something that suits each particular horse, but come on.....there are thousands of songs out there that could have been chosen to enhance that performance. I'm not saying the tail wringing didn't put him in second....but Anky's freestyle was far superior as a whole (music, rythm, flow, etc, etc) than the one Andreas did.

And yes, I agree with SWA minis CAN do that!!!

~kathryn

I was sent this video by a good friend and I just get "goose pimples" watching it...simply gorgeous!!
default_wub.png
:

I'm not saying the tail wringing didn't put him in second....but Anky's freestyle was far superior as a whole (music, rythm, flow, etc, etc) than the one Andreas did.
Kathryn,

I fully agree with you. I ordered the DVD just for the video of Blue Hors Matinee. But...

When I watched it on a 60 inch big screen tv, it became really apparent as to who was better and which was easier on the eyes to watch. Matinee and Andreas did a fabulous job, far better than any I have ever seen, but Salinero and Anky's performance was even better!

What stood out is that Matinee was much younger and has a future ahead of her to look forward to where as Salinero was a seasoned performer. But Matinee's tail wringing was a little more distracting when watched on a bigger screen.

I'm not here to watch, but to enjoy her performance and one can only wonder how it must feel at the end of a ride like that on a young horse.

I'm sure they got plenty of feedback and critiques which will improve and enhance their work as the years go by..Personally I totally enoyed it and enjoy NOT having the stress of having to judge it..all that said the other horse was awesome :bgrin

Thanks for posting as I hadn't seen it since it was live.My daughter rode 4th level and I know the years and years of agonizing work involved, As I'm sure you all do..her horse was 15 and had been schooled for 11 years! But my daughter was only 4th level :bgrin

Maxine

Latest posts

Back